Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Subaru Outback base model. Initially bolted the 22” light bar on the bumper but it was far too flimsy. I took the mounting bracket off a SSD performance light bar mount. Mounted the light bar directly to the crash bar with it. Drove it for 8 months & no issues. Thought I’d share.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Tire Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited-Ice Silver
28 Posts
Looks amazing, plus it will stay in place Did you have to cut the louvers behind the light bar to make it fit? Also, is it affecting your Outbacks cooling abilities in any way?

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited
7 Posts
just sayin', but you've blocked off a significant area of air flow to lower grille.
You know, I've thought about this as well, but the Warn winch mount blocks off basically this entire area, so maybe it's fine? I've also seen that it's not compatible with 2021 XT models, and I can't get a solid answer from Warn on why only 2021, or if it's 2021+, and why it's incompatible, but I'm thinking heat might be an issue. My guess is it's probably fine for the regular 2.5, but with the extra stress of the turbo engine and potential towing situations that area of the radiator needs cooling for engine and transmission cooling duty.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Car Vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts