Votes: 1 1.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.

November Outback of the Month Challenge - Odometer

17K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  johnre 
#1 Ā·
Tire Sky Wheel Car Land vehicle

Congrats again to @Kori, October's winner.​

High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  1. Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  2. Unless otherwise stated, you may submit up to 5 photos
  3. Voting will take place the last week of the month
  4. Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  1. One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  2. A profile badge to show off your winner status
  3. A place in the SubaruOutback.org winner's gallery
  4. Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts

Good luck to all who enter!
~MR

See less See more
#2 Ā·
I wish I had taken a pic of a subaru at 80085 miles.šŸ™‚šŸ™‚

maybe in the next 2 years.

#3 Ā· (Edited)
Plant Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Tree

It is hard for me to put any more truth into an image. This Outback is just five days old. It is one music night old, hauling gear. It is one fishing trip old, hauling geezers.

It is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. Across 311 miles you can see it is running 29.4 MPG: spot on. In another 200 miles it will get thirsty for the first time. And right this moment it is warming my heart with a Chris Smither song that could be about this car's exterior: Can't Shake These Blues.

At 69 degrees it is a full autumn day, and my lovely Cosmic Blue Pearl is crying for its first romp on some trails, taking me, fly rods, friends and guitars where we need to be.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Plant Speedometer

Attachments

#4 Ā· (Edited)
My '14 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP (OG Touring)-carbide grey is my 3rd Subaru/2nd Outback that I drove off the lot on 11/1/13 with 11 miles on it. Now it has slightly over 104k miles on its original engine and transmission. This modified Outback loves to get thirsty due to the mods and added on weight.

This Subaru has most of its lifetime exploring various parts of Oregon and Washington as well as being a ham equipped road marshal for stage rallies. Now it is located in Colorado and I am sure it would continue to do the same.

This Subaru has proven to be super reliable whether it on pavement or not even it was injured. There is just something about this special vehicle that won't give up. The mini Outback is my Outback's traveling buddy.

Speedometer Car Trip computer Vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Speedometer Trip computer Automotive design

#5 Ā·
Here's my odometer post, in better resolution than my avatar. It's been a while and this vehicle has accumulated quite a few more miles than the 88,189 that are shown here - not quite double - but thankfully most of them were without the driver you see here!

Yes, we are underway, as the tach and speedo attest. Do note the proper 10 - 2 paw positions. And no, this isn't road rage; he's always like this.
Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Gesture

#12 Ā·
Here's my odometer post, in better resolution than my avatar. It's been a while and this vehicle has accumulated quite a few more miles than the 88,189 that are shown here - not quite double - but thankfully most of them were without the driver you see here!

Yes, we are underway, as the tach and speedo attest. Do note the proper 10 - 2 paw positions. And no, this isn't road rage; he's always like this.
View attachment 552770
LOL ok this is winner-winner, chicken-dinner in my book! Look at that beautiful li'l fur-devil! Amazing markings, too!
This is November's benchmark photo thus far, y'all better bring yer A-game pics after this gem! šŸ˜„šŸ˜

#6 Ā·
My '00 has seen some action, although mostly just boring commuter since I've had it.

2021-01-22_10-22-20
by Numbchux, on Flickr

Not a normal milestone on our '04 VDC, but it means we've doubled the mileage on it since we've had it (it was "totaled" at the time). We've taken it to the local OHV park, we've camped in it, we drove from here in northern MN to visit my inlaws in coastal SC, marshalled multiple stage rallies (including bannering Nemadji rally several times), 2 Boundary Waters trips, both our kids came home from the hospital in it.
2022-11-02_12-51-23 by Numbchux, on Flickr

Thinking about turning it into a rock crawler. I bought a Nissan transfer case, and I have a Ford 8.8 solid rear axle and a Dana 30 front....have to get the new daily done, first.

I have 3 more Outbacks with over 200k on them, but I got them that way, so that's boring.

#7 Ā· (Edited)
Although this car doesn't have even half the miles that my old Subaru does, I still hope it keeps holding strong. Most of the miles are not mine, since I got it at 100,000 miles, but those that I have added have been great. The car has been all over Washington State and part of Oregon, but I hope to take it more places over its lifetime.
Cloud Sky Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle

And yeah, my car buddy is Master Chief.

#9 Ā·
Speedometer Odometer Car Vehicle Tachometer

Approaching the one year of ownership, which is November 24th, 2022.

Initially did a lot of in-town driving because work is so close, so there was no freeway driving. Then from June 2022 through September of 2022, I worked at another company until they lost the contract for the account, so it is back to in-town driving again.

Anyone who has seen my post in the gallery "This is CoCo" knows what we have done to it. We have on order an underhood battery tender that will be installed on Sunday, the 6th of November.

All these miles have been trouble-free except for some nails in the tires that required visits to @Discount Tire to repair them. Everything else has worked like a charm. We put the Whiteline bar on it at around the 3,000-mile mark and no pops, bangs, explosions, or parts littering the roadway have occurred.

She also carries roughly 250-300 pounds of gear in the rear every day.

#11 Ā·
This picture was taken somewhere in Canada in 2017. It's the 2013 Outback Premium 2.5L that I took home brand spankin' new September 10, 2012, ten years and two months ago today, with the odometer reading 000024. I lived in Seattle and my girl friend lived in Lynnwood, about fifteen miles away. She was sick of picking me up so I bought a car. Happy to report that she's long gone and the car's still here. In fact, as we were snarling our goodbyes, she said, "Well, at least you got a car out of it." Good'n!

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

This is the mileage today, November 10, 2022.

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Gauge Tachometer

In June of 2017, when the car had about 14000 miles on it, I and my dogs took a ten-week vacation and drove across Canada from Mile 0 of the Trans Canada Highway through British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick to the Atlantic Ocean at Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire

Then it was down into Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts (four days on Cape Cod Bay totally by accident), Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky (where a cloudburst in Frankfort made all the cars slam on the brakes and take it down to 20 mph), Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and back to Seattle with 28,000 miles on the odo. "Double your mileage, double your fun . . ." A friend had told me about Miles City, Montana, so I stopped on the way to take a look and ended up buying a house there. I hurried home, retired, had my mechanic install a trailer hitch, packed my junk into a U-Haul and made a U-turn back to Miles City where I arrived with about 29000 miles on the car. 14000 in five years, 15000 in ten weeks. And in my five years here, 6500 miles, including seven trips to Billings totaling 2100 of those miles. So I drive maybe 900 miles a year. I go to the gas station about every three or four months.

Red and Roo ready for the road.
Dog Dog breed Vehicle Carnivore Seat belt

In 2017, my first winter in Miles City, we had three feet of snow on the ground for months, cars buried up to the windshield, temps way below zero day and night. Nothing slowed down the Outback except climbing through a foot of ice and snow just to get out of my garage.

Sky Plant Tree Cloud Grass

The world's biggest axe, Nackawic, New Brunswick, up Canada way. I also picked up a growler of mead at the Big Axe Brewery.

#16 Ā· (Edited)
I've been a member since 2007 when I first got my L.L.Bean 3.0R. It served me well for over 13 years. I finally traded it in 2020 after putting over 350,000 miles on it. There was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted something new. It's been all the way down I95 & I75. Up along the Atlantic coast from Georgia to Nova Scotia. Been in the Adirondacks, Laurentians and the Blue Ridge
mountains - sometimes in heavy snow. Never had any issues. All stock except for the after market 2ā€ hitch and corner bumper guards bought as an accessory. Pictures from the day I picked it up to the day I dropped it off.
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Car Land vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire

Speedometer Car Gauge Motor vehicle Odometer

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Speedometer Odometer Car Gauge Tachometer

#17 Ā·
The odometer and a few pictures from the outback's point of view. :)
*All photos were taken in a safe manner.

I live about 1 hour away from Washington DC. Along with normal commuting miles and up and down the east coast, the car has done several trips out west with the furthest being Las Vegas, NV......for now.

Sky Speedometer Plant Trip computer Tachometer

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Road surface
Sky Plant Natural landscape Asphalt Road surface

Cloud Plant Sky Mountain Ecoregion
Sky Mountain Natural landscape Road surface Asphalt

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.