Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had experience with ordering a 2022 outback. What are the usual delivery timelines once after VIN is provided.

In my case, I've ordered on July 9th and did get my Vin number on Aug 25th. The email from Subaru shows that Date of arrival as on or before Sept 11th. However, my Subaru shows as last week of September. Anyone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance.
Font Rectangle Number Circle Document
Rectangle Font Electric blue Circle Brand

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Understood. Interesting thing is, Subaru sent an email with the Vin number and the arrival date before 11th. Same day, I created mySubaru account and added this VIN, and it shows a different delivery date.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Take any delivery estimates with a grain of salt right now. SIA is running less than half daily capacity on average. My dealer told me eight weeks (October) but what I see and hear from the factory makes me think November is more likely.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Limited
49 Posts
I was able to find my 2022 in stock locally, but at another dealer it was 2-3 months of waiting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take any delivery estimates with a grain of salt right now. SIA is running less than half daily capacity on average. My dealer told me eight weeks (October) but what I see and hear from the factory makes me think November is more likely.
Makes sense

·
Registered
2022 Outback Limited XT Magnetite with 2 tone Grey interior. Doggie approved!
31 Posts
Anyone had experience with ordering a 2022 outback. What are the usual delivery timelines once after VIN is provided.

In my case, I've ordered on July 9th and did get my Vin number on Aug 25th. The email from Subaru shows that Date of arrival as on or before Sept 11th. However, my Subaru shows as last week of September. Anyone had a similar experience? Thanks in advance. View attachment 520511 View attachment 520512
How did you get your vin? I ordered on July 6th but never got an email with a vin. The only email I got from Subaru was a congrats email and a complimentary $500 voucher towards Subaru accessories. My dealer told me about 3 or 4 weeks ago my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership on 9/15 plus or minus a day or two. But I'd love if I could actually get my vin so I can create my Subaru account on the app and actually track it.

·
Registered
'22 Outback Limited XT Abyss Blue
512 Posts
How did you get your vin? I ordered on July 6th but never got an email with a vin. The only email I got from Subaru was a congrats email and a complimentary $500 voucher towards Subaru accessories. My dealer told me about 3 or 4 weeks ago my car is scheduled to arrive at the dealership on 9/15 plus or minus a day or two. But I'd love if I could actually get my vin so I can create my Subaru account on the app and actually track it.
I received my VIN letter from Subaru approx 12 days or so before delivery, but never received a complimentary $500 voucher towards accessories.

Trade ya!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received my VIN number by email. If you have not received it, probably it's better to check with your dealer. I'm pretty sure they might have received that info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I received my VIN letter from Subaru approx 12 days or so before delivery, but never received a complimentary $500 voucher towards accessories.

Trade ya!
Haha. I'd be happy to give up my $500 voucher if it meant I'd actually finally get my car on 9/15

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester Touring XT. Just ordered 2022 Subaru Outback Touring XT
2 Posts
I ordered a 2022 on July 5th. On the 7th I got an email from SOA saying to expect delivery on or before September 21st. On Aug 25th I got another email with my vin number and to create a Mysubaru account. That email also said to expect delivery on or before September 21st. Since I have a 2014 Forester I will be trading I already had a Mysubaru account. I didn't bother to input the vin number for the new Outback. I just did that and it says to expect delivery the last week of September. No $500 voucher. lol. There is an offer to get a $90 prepaid Visa card if I buy a set of Bridgestone tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered a 2022 on July 5th. On the 7th I got an email from SOA saying to expect delivery on or before September 21st. On Aug 25th I got another email with my vin number and to create a Mysubaru account. That email also said to expect delivery on or before September 21st. Since I have a 2014 Forester I will be trading I already had a Mysubaru account. I didn't bother to input the vin number for the new Outback. I just did that and it says to expect delivery the last week of September. No $500 voucher. lol. There is an offer to get a $90 prepaid Visa card if I buy a set of Bridgestone tires.
I don't think the 500$ coupon will be seen in mysubaru. I received it through email. May be you can search your promotions folder and also your spam folder. I also received an email for a free 50$ visa card, if I test drive an Ascent.

Font Technology Terrestrial plant Circle Electric blue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered my OBW toward the end of June and received my VIN mid-August. Eventually got the email that it boarded a train at the end of the month. Anyone know how long those railroad journeys typically take? We’re estimated to take delivery next week but I’m dubious if that’s accurate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not sure @Exhausted_Engineer I placed a deposit today for an OB and was told it should arrive at the dealer next Saturday, but the sales guy wasn’t very convincing with his answer. I guess we’ll see…
Hahahaha. 🤣🤣. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol thanks. We’ll see what happens; my 11 year old Outlander still drives fine, but once you claim a new car as your own, you want to get in it right away!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Outback Limited July 15th in LAS VEGAS,NV. Salesman told me to expect delivery sometime in September.
At 6 weeks I called Subaru in NJ at 1-800-782-2783 which is their advocate hot line.
I had my VOM #. He had my Order information, but could not tell me when I could expect delivery.
I called again in 2 weeks He gave me VIN#. Got delivery date of September 10th. Called again in 2 weeks, no more update.
September 9th (8 weeks from ordered) local salesman called and stated car is in and I can p/u the 10th.
SUMMARY: Delivery took 8 weeks from ordering.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Outback Limited July 15th in LAS VEGAS,NV. Salesman told me to expect delivery sometime in September.
At 6 weeks I called Subaru in NJ at 1-800-782-2783 which is their advocate hot line.
I had my VOM #. He had my Order information, but could not tell me when I could expect delivery.
I called again in 2 weeks He gave me VIN#. Got delivery date of September 10th. Called again in 2 weeks, no more update.
September 9th (8 weeks from ordered) local salesman called and stated car is in and I can p/u the 10th.
SUMMARY: Delivery took 8 weeks from ordering.
This aligns with what I was told initially, "approximately 8 weeks".

1 - 20 of 45 Posts