Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
New to the Forums. Ordered my 2022 Outback Premium on 8-25-21, received an email from SoA on the 27th acknowledging receipt of the order. The email stated "We’re sending this email to confirm that we received your order from Subaru of Las Vegas for your new Outback. Based on our current schedules, we estimate that your Subaru should arrive at your retailer by the last week of October 2021". Never received any communication from dealer or SofA so I called the SofA toll free number on Oct 22nd, was told a VIN had been created on the 16th, which allowed me to start a MySubaru.com account. "Your Subaru is coming to life! Your new Outback is moving through our quality control process at our zero-landfill plant. Our experts are checking out your vehicle to ensure it meets the highest standards". Was given last week of Oct as the arrival date. Called my dealer on Oct 26th and was told the new arrival date was now Nov 19th.
I have noticed that since all the paperwork has been signed and they have my deposit, if I want to know anything I will have to make the calls myself.
Anxiously awaiting my new Outback!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm surprised some people get an email like this from SoA. I ordered about a week ago and haven't seen anything... is this something my dealership is supposed to set up with my email?
During the ordering process did you at any time give your salesman your email? If so it should have been included with the order sent into SofA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
During the ordering process did you at any time give your salesman your email? If so it should have been included with the order sent into SofA.
Another thought, do you have your Vehicle Order Number (VON)? If so call SofA toll-free number and talk to someone. If you don't have a VON call your salesman. From your VON they will be able to pull up your build and if there is no email I'm sure they can add it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered on 8/26 - received an email the following day from SOA that order was received with a delivery date of last week of Oct. Today Oct 28 received a text from sales rep at dealership that my 22 Touring XT will be delivered next week on Nov 4th. Given current environment, I’m good with a 1 week delay. Will update next week
We ordered ours about the same time, you are getting yours a little over 2 weeks ahead of me, may be due to the way I ordered mine. I did not want a moonroof. Rarely seen an outback without one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had ordered on 8/26 - got an email from SOA 2 days later with an estimated arrival of last week of Oct. Called the dealership last week and they told me that the new arrival date was Nov 2nd and the dates got pushed again , the new estimated arrival date is Nov 23rd.
Hi 1stSubaruoutback
We ordered our Outback on 8-25 and received the first email from SofA on 8-27 with a deliver date of "Last week of October".
Called SofA on 10-22 and discovered my Outback now had a VIN.
Called my salesman on 10-26 and his response was "um, yeah, you have a VIN now" Duh. The VIN had been created on 10-16. Was also told delivery date was pushed back into November sometime.
Called SofA on 10-29 and got a delivery date of 11-19.
We will wait and see how this shakes out.
We figured we may have created a longer wait time for our Outback because we dont want a moonroof, and I believe every Outback I looked at had one. Our timelines seem very similar, I live in Las Vegas, if you dont mind my asking what state do you live in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi 1stSubaruoutback
We ordered our Outback on 8-25 and received the first email from SofA on 8-27 with a deliver date of "Last week of October".
Called SofA on 10-22 and discovered my Outback now had a VIN.
Called my salesman on 10-26 and his response was "um, yeah, you have a VIN now" Duh. The VIN had been created on 10-16. Was also told delivery date was pushed back into November sometime.
We will wait and see how this shakes out.
We figured we may have created a longer wait time for our Outback because we dont want a moonroof, and I believe every Outback I looked at had one. Our timelines seem very similar, I live in Las Vegas, if you dont mind my asking what state do you live in?
Got an update: Logged into Mysubaru.com yesterday and saw a notification that my Outback was on a train and headed for Vegas, called my dealer today and was told new arrival date is now the 21st.

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine is on a train as of nov 4 headed towards NC. I like being able to check but i get kinda obsessive and have been checking several times a day for updates :p
SpiderJohn, how are you tracking your OB? The MySubaru app or Mysubaru.com? I am unable to get the app to work, doesnt recognize that I have a car registered with the app.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ordered our Outback Touring on October 12.
Got VIN Assigned November 4.
Delivery update today December 3.
Your doing well if you get it on the 3rd, I have been waiting since I put in my order on Aug. 25th. Current (estimated) arrival Nov. 21st.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Picked it up today. Went well, no surprises. The dealer left off the dealer sticker like I asked but they were unable to update, or even check the software version of the screen. My salesman told me the service department was uncompromising about it, said they could not touch the unit unless there was a documented problem and weren't even willing to verify the current software/firmware version. Oh well, I guess. If I have an issue they WILL hear from me.

We've been driving the wife's 2.5 for a few months now and I'm used to it's personality. I'm very happy to say my XT's engine noise in the interior is very, very much quieter than her 2.5. And much like my older 3.6, when I press on the go peddle it goes like I expect it to. I'm taking it easy on it to give it some break in time but I did pass a slow moving semi truck with zero effort on the way home.
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your car! I'm getting antsy to get ours, my wife has more patience than I do LOL.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered 22 Touring 2.5i on Nov 14, got order number next day, got VIN today. Dealer says should arrive sometime in Dec.
I tried to register it on MY SUBARU in hopes of being able to track it there but it would let me add a new car with out license plate # ! Is there any other way I can directly track it myself?
You got your VIN 2 days after ordering? That's fast. . . Ordered ours on Aug 25, got the "congratulations" email on the 27th, then the VIN was created on Oct 16. Been trying to track our Outback from the beginning but am receiving no help from the dealer. All my updates have been from logging into "Mysubaru.com".

·
Registered
30 Posts
I asked this earlier but got no response. At what point in the order/build/ship process is the VIN created and associated with the car?

We ordered our Outback Premium on September 27, were given the VIN on October 29, and they said "end of November delivery".

Thanks.
We ordered our car on Aug. 25th, and got our "Congratulations" email 2 days later. Then got this message "16-Oct-21 Your Subaru is coming to life!"
and our VIN at that time. So I would assume the VIN is created when your car began production.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My bad two mistakes
1. It is a 2021 that I have ordered.
2. I ordered on Oct 14, not Nov.14.

I haven't gotten any communications directly from Subaru but dealer emails me weekly saying "Delivery date is still Dec.".
How do you track yours on Mysubaru.com ?
Log into MySubaru.com and your cars Status should be the first page that comes up. I quit getting emails from my dealer once the got my deposit and the order was in. After getting my VIN from SofA I called my dealer, and I got " Um, yeah, you have a VIN now". I kinda feel like they want me to leave them alone till my car is ready and they call me to come get it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks RoadKill, I've gotten it. The site took my VIN only when I didn't put in the state. Status says that on Nov 4, my new OB "is coming to life" & is showing delivery date as the last week of Dec. Hoping and praying that the 0% financing will still be available when it arrives.
After seeing your last post, I decided to check Mysubaru.com one more time before going to bed, found this!

16-Nov-21 Your vehicle has almost arrived!
It's time to get excited, your new Subaru has been loaded on a truck and it is on its way!

WOO HOO!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thought I would put in our timeline for our Outback:
Ordered our Outback on 8-25.
Received the first email from SofA on 8-27 with a deliver date of "Last week of October".
Called SofA on 10-22 and discovered our Outback now had a VIN.
The VIN had been created on 10-16. Delivery date was pushed back into November sometime.
On November 4th Outback was loaded on a train and arrived in California on the 16 of November.
November 16 loaded on a truck and heading towards 'Vegas with a new delivery date of November 21.
So, hopefully Sunday our car will arrive and I will be picking it up Tuesday.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got this message:
20-Nov-21
Your vehicle is getting closer!
Your new Outback is traveling by train to make it's way to you. Your Subaru will next be loaded on a truck which will be driving to your retailer.
Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, where are you located? I'm in 'Vegas and it took 12 days by train to reach a California "port", where it was loaded onto
a truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts