Subaru Outback Forums banner
181 - 200 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed an order for a Geyser Blue Wilderness on 9/7 with an expected delivery of "last week of November", received the order confirmation email, then haven't heard anything else until today.

My dealer contacted me, and said it's been assigned a VIN and pushed back to December.

The VIN doesn't work with MySubaru. I'll give it another day or two (still have not received the VIN email), then try reaching out to SoA.

I've been disappointed with the process overall, but understand supply chain issues are what they are. Hopefully I'll get things working with MySubaru and receive and a more specific date soon.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
73 Posts
Ordered our Outback Touring on October 12.

Got VIN Assigned November 4.

Delivery update today December 3.

:love: ❄ ⛷

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Geyser Blue
56 Posts
Anyone in Canada able to get updates using their VIN?

I can't create a MySubaru account in Canada without providing the car registration :( - which I obviously still don't have.
Yeah I ran into the same issue. There is no way to get "daily updates" in Canada. From getting my VIN to my dealer (subaru repentigny) getting the car, 3 weeks elapsed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ordered Limited XT Aug 12.

Arrived yesterday Nov 10.

Picking it up Nov 13.

90 days.

I don't know exactly when the VIN was assigned, the dealer didn't look until I asked.
Picked it up today. Went well, no surprises. The dealer left off the dealer sticker like I asked but they were unable to update, or even check the software version of the screen. My salesman told me the service department was uncompromising about it, said they could not touch the unit unless there was a documented problem and weren't even willing to verify the current software/firmware version. Oh well, I guess. If I have an issue they WILL hear from me.

We've been driving the wife's 2.5 for a few months now and I'm used to it's personality. I'm very happy to say my XT's engine noise in the interior is very, very much quieter than her 2.5. And much like my older 3.6, when I press on the go peddle it goes like I expect it to. I'm taking it easy on it to give it some break in time but I did pass a slow moving semi truck with zero effort on the way home.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Limited Abyss Blue
42 Posts
Picked it up today. Went well, no surprises. The dealer left off the dealer sticker like I asked but they were unable to update, or even check the software version of the screen. My salesman told me the service department was uncompromising about it, said they could not touch the unit unless there was a documented problem and weren't even willing to verify the current software/firmware version. Oh well, I guess. If I have an issue they WILL hear from me.
weird. my dealer said they would have it updated and ready for me when I pick up the car.

Glad you got it. Hope to get mine this week.

·
Registered
29 Posts

We've been driving the wife's 2.5 for a few months now and I'm used to it's personality. I'm very happy to say my XT's engine noise in the interior is very, very much quieter than her 2.5. And much like my older 3.6, when I press on the go peddle it goes like I expect it to. I'm taking it easy on it to give it some break in time but I did pass a slow moving semi truck with zero effort on the way home.
Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your car! I'm getting antsy to get ours, my wife has more patience than I do LOL.

·
Registered
2015 OB 2.5i Ltd replaced 2010 OB; 20 mm WRX rear sway bar & Michelin LXT Premier tires; replaced 2010 2.5 OB Ltd. City car is 2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Prem
537 Posts
I ordered 21 Touring 2.5i on Oct 14, got order number next day, got VIN today. Dealer says should arrive sometime in Dec.

I tried to register it on MY SUBARU in hopes of being able to track it there but it would let me add a new car with out license plate # !

Is there any other way I can directly track it myself?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered 22 Touring 2.5i on Nov 14, got order number next day, got VIN today. Dealer says should arrive sometime in Dec.
I tried to register it on MY SUBARU in hopes of being able to track it there but it would let me add a new car with out license plate # ! Is there any other way I can directly track it myself?
You got your VIN 2 days after ordering? That's fast. . . Ordered ours on Aug 25, got the "congratulations" email on the 27th, then the VIN was created on Oct 16. Been trying to track our Outback from the beginning but am receiving no help from the dealer. All my updates have been from logging into "Mysubaru.com".

·
Registered
21 Posts
I asked this earlier but got no response. At what point in the order/build/ship process is the VIN created and associated with the car?

We ordered our Outback Premium on September 27, were given the VIN on October 29, and they said "end of November delivery".

Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 OB 2.5i Ltd replaced 2010 OB; 20 mm WRX rear sway bar & Michelin LXT Premier tires; replaced 2010 2.5 OB Ltd. City car is 2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Prem
537 Posts
You got your VIN 2 days after ordering? That's fast. . . Ordered ours on Aug 25, got the "congratulations" email on the 27th, then the VIN was created on Oct 16. Been trying to track our Outback from the beginning but am receiving no help from the dealer. All my updates have been from logging into "Mysubaru.com".
My bad two mistakes
1. It is a 2021 that I have ordered.
2. I ordered on Oct 14, not Nov.14.

I haven't gotten any communications directly from Subaru but dealer emails me weekly saying "Delivery date is still Dec.".
How do you track yours on Mysubaru.com ?

181 - 200 of 233 Posts