Subaru Outback Forums banner
201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I asked this earlier but got no response. At what point in the order/build/ship process is the VIN created and associated with the car?

We ordered our Outback Premium on September 27, were given the VIN on October 29, and they said "end of November delivery".

Thanks.
We ordered our car on Aug. 25th, and got our "Congratulations" email 2 days later. Then got this message "16-Oct-21 Your Subaru is coming to life!"
and our VIN at that time. So I would assume the VIN is created when your car began production.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My bad two mistakes
1. It is a 2021 that I have ordered.
2. I ordered on Oct 14, not Nov.14.

I haven't gotten any communications directly from Subaru but dealer emails me weekly saying "Delivery date is still Dec.".
How do you track yours on Mysubaru.com ?
Log into MySubaru.com and your cars Status should be the first page that comes up. I quit getting emails from my dealer once the got my deposit and the order was in. After getting my VIN from SofA I called my dealer, and I got " Um, yeah, you have a VIN now". I kinda feel like they want me to leave them alone till my car is ready and they call me to come get it.

·
Registered
2015 OB 2.5i Ltd replaced 2010 OB; 20 mm WRX rear sway bar & Michelin LXT Premier tires; replaced 2010 2.5 OB Ltd. City car is 2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Prem
537 Posts
Thanks RoadKill, I've gotten it. The site took my VIN only when I didn't put in the state. Status says that on Nov 4, my new OB "is coming to life" & is showing delivery date as the last week of Dec. Hoping and praying that the 0% financing will still be available when it arrives.

Reactions: RoadKill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks RoadKill, I've gotten it. The site took my VIN only when I didn't put in the state. Status says that on Nov 4, my new OB "is coming to life" & is showing delivery date as the last week of Dec. Hoping and praying that the 0% financing will still be available when it arrives.
After seeing your last post, I decided to check Mysubaru.com one more time before going to bed, found this!

16-Nov-21 Your vehicle has almost arrived!
It's time to get excited, your new Subaru has been loaded on a truck and it is on its way!

WOO HOO!!

·
Registered
2022 Outback Limited Abyss Blue
42 Posts
I haven't gotten any communications directly from Subaru but dealer emails me weekly saying "Delivery date is still Dec.".
How do you track yours on Mysubaru.com ?
i put my vin in and it said it was being shipped, then on a train...but it's been on a train since nov 4. Dealer told me last week it was in port and should be in this week but nothing yet. hope it comes before tuesday or i won't get it until week after next. I called SOA and all they could see was that it was on a train. So who knows? They did say deliver date was Nov 15....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered 2022 Outback Wilderness with dealer on 11/8/2021.
Received an email from Subaru on 11/10/2021 confirming the order. There was no VIN or estimated delivery date in this email from Subaru. The dealer provided the Subaru order details and that indicated and estimated arrival time of January 2022.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Limited Abyss Blue
42 Posts
i put my vin in and it said it was being shipped, then on a train...but it's been on a train since nov 4. Dealer told me last week it was in port and should be in this week but nothing yet. hope it comes before tuesday or i won't get it until week after next. I called SOA and all they could see was that it was on a train. So who knows? They did say deliver date was Nov 15....
well I was whining about waiting last night and just got a call that the car has arrived. Picking it up at 9am tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thought I would put in our timeline for our Outback:
Ordered our Outback on 8-25.
Received the first email from SofA on 8-27 with a deliver date of "Last week of October".
Called SofA on 10-22 and discovered our Outback now had a VIN.
The VIN had been created on 10-16. Delivery date was pushed back into November sometime.
Called SofA on 10-29 and got a delivery date of 11-19.
On November 4th Outback was loaded on a train and arrived in California on the 16 of November.
November 16 loaded on a truck and heading towards 'Vegas with a new delivery date of November 21.
So, hopefully Sunday our car will arrive and I will be picking it up Tuesday.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
73 Posts
@MDGirl12 Ordered our Touring the same day as you. Got VON at time of order, VIN November 4, Estimated delivery date December 3.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2022 Forester Limited (ordered)
73 Posts
Just got this message:
20-Nov-21
Your vehicle is getting closer!
Your new Outback is traveling by train to make it's way to you. Your Subaru will next be loaded on a truck which will be driving to your retailer.

Reactions: MDGirl12

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got this message:
20-Nov-21
Your vehicle is getting closer!
Your new Outback is traveling by train to make it's way to you. Your Subaru will next be loaded on a truck which will be driving to your retailer.
Congratulations! If you don't mind my asking, where are you located? I'm in 'Vegas and it took 12 days by train to reach a California "port", where it was loaded onto
a truck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We ordered our Premier Outback with neither package and very few accessories on September 27. Rep estimated two months if all goes well. He texted with our VIN on October 29. He called today as it was being unloaded from the truck, we're going in tomorrow to do the inspection/paperwork.

We're in Upstate NY so our region is part of SDC not SoA, so we never got any updates through MySubaru.

We're ready!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks @brettf1! I am getting anxious for an update on the status of mine . . based on your timeline I think I am going to reach out to the dealer on Monday.
Reached out to the dealer today and have good news! My Outback has a VIN and a tentative delivery date of 11/30. Dealer said the date isn't 100%, but pretty close. Evidently there were some cars initially scheduled to be delivered in November but they got pushed to December and some for delivery in December, are coming in earlier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Reached out to the dealer today and have good news! My Outback has a VIN and a tentative delivery date of 11/30. Dealer said the date isn't 100%, but pretty close. Evidently there were some cars initially scheduled to be delivered in November but they got pushed to December and some for delivery in December, are coming in earlier.
Excellent. For us it was 3 days short of 3 months order-to-pickup, while ordering it the salesman kept saying "6 to 8 weeks". And most of the Dealer installed options aren't installed, all "on order". Hoping next week they will have gotten to the dealer and I can get them installed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Excellent. For us it was 3 days short of 3 months order-to-pickup, while ordering it the salesman kept saying "6 to 8 weeks". And most of the Dealer installed options aren't installed, all "on order". Hoping next week they will have gotten to the dealer and I can get them installed.
6-8 weeks is the biggest lie 😂... Been waiting for 4 months now, but my car is almost here.

201 - 220 of 233 Posts