Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Limited XT Magnetite with 2 tone Grey interior. Doggie approved!
31 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Outback Limited July 15th in LAS VEGAS,NV. Salesman told me to expect delivery sometime in September.
At 6 weeks I called Subaru in NJ at 1-800-782-2783 which is their advocate hot line.
I had my VOM #. He had my Order information, but could not tell me when I could expect delivery.
I called again in 2 weeks He gave me VIN#. Got delivery date of September 10th. Called again in 2 weeks, no more update.
September 9th (8 weeks from ordered) local salesman called and stated car is in and I can p/u the 10th.
SUMMARY: Delivery took 8 weeks from ordering.
Congratulations that’s great news. What is a VOM #?
I ordered my OB on July 5th and was told in the early part of august that I can expect delivery on 9/15 give or take a day or two. But I’d love to get a more definitive answer if I can.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations that’s great news. What is a VOM #?
I ordered my OB on July 5th and was told in the early part of august that I can expect delivery on 9/15 give or take a day or two. But I’d love to get a more definitive answer if I can.
A VOM # is your Vehicle Order # on the Order Sheet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Received a call from the dealer stating that, according to their records, my OB has been “released” and is on a truck in transit to the dealer. Told me there is a good chance it’ll show up as expected on the 18th.

Does anyone know of Subaru vehicle distribution centers or are they lumped in together with thousands of other cars in one stock yard? Just curious, I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I ordered a 2022 Outback Limited July 15th in LAS VEGAS,NV. Salesman told me to expect delivery sometime in September.
At 6 weeks I called Subaru in NJ at 1-800-782-2783 which is their advocate hot line.
I had my VOM #. He had my Order information, but could not tell me when I could expect delivery.
I called again in 2 weeks He gave me VIN#. Got delivery date of September 10th. Called again in 2 weeks, no more update.
September 9th (8 weeks from ordered) local salesman called and stated car is in and I can p/u the 10th.
SUMMARY: Delivery took 8 weeks from ordering.
That's great. Congratulations on your new Outback. I ordered an limited outback as well. I called them on the above hotline number and they didn't have any update on my order. They were unsure of when my outback would be ready due to the ongoing chip shortage. At this point, I'm gutted as they gave estimated delivery was on or before 09/11.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5
158 Posts
Where do you see the deliver info in MySubaru? I have a VIN for my Ascent order which is supposed to come mid October, but there's very little info in the app/website when I plug in the VIN.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have been told delivery is on schedule and might even be a day early. Looks like I'll be able to take delivery of my OB as scheduled! 😬

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dealer called late evening and said car was suppose to ave been delivered 2 days ago, but has not been delivered yet. Was to pick it up tomorrow (the 18th), but now it most likely won’t happen. Not how I wanted to start the weekend, but oh well.

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Geyser Blue
16 Posts
I just got a call from my dealer stating that the previously quoted 6-8 weeks delivery probably will not be met. He told me that it could be up to 3 months depending on supplies.

I bought a Geyser blue 2022 Outback Wilderness. He was able to find a silver OBW which I declined. I'd rather wait and get the color I want.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I placed my order on July 5th for my 22 OB limited XT. It arrived at the dealership last Wednesday 9/15. I just picked it up tonight 9/20. Timeline was exactly as promised.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed my order on July 5th for my 22 OB limited XT. It arrived at the dealership last Wednesday 9/15. I just picked it up tonight 9/20. Timeline was exactly as promised.
Congratulations, I hope everything went smoothly! I ordered my OBW a couple weeks earlier and the dealer still has no idea where it is. Deliveries appear to be all over the place.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester Touring XT. Just ordered 2022 Subaru Outback Touring XT
2 Posts
I also placed my order for a 22 XT Touring on July 5th. The dealer said it would probably be 6-7 weeks. Two days later I got an email from SOA estimating it would come the last week of September. On August 25th I got my vin number in an email saying the OB had an estimated arrival date on or before September 21st. I set up the mysubaru account and on Aug 25th it said they were checking it over. On Sept 14th the mysubaru acct said it was getting ready to be put on a train and then it would be transferred to a truck to be delivered to my dealer. I don't know if the chip shortage is slowing down production. I saw a news report this morning that there were so many flooded vehicles in various parts of the country that there is a shortage of cars in general. That will probably keep prices high for awhile. I am hoping my car will come in this week. We'll see. My local dealer only has 3 outbacks listed right now and they all say in transit. It took 4 months to get my 14 Forester from Japan but that's another story.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congratulations, I hope everything went smoothly! I ordered my OBW a couple weeks earlier and the dealer still has no idea where it is. Deliveries appear to be all over the place.
I’m starting to think theres a problem producing the wilderness model of the Outback. I’m not sure why it would take so long.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5
158 Posts
I’m starting to think theres a problem producing the wilderness model of the Outback. I’m not sure why it would take so long.
Im reading between the lines, but based on some things I've been told it seems like they run production in batches based on trim/configuration. So if they're only producing x cars per month I'd imagine that's balanced by demand for each trim, and if Wilderness is the least in demand then maybe they're only producing them once every few weeks. That's purely speculation but it is representative of my car order experience for a not so common configuration.

Edit: haha just saw who I was replying to, good thing you didn't go for a Wilderness!

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 2.5
158 Posts
No doubt there’s supply chain issues across the board. Hopefully that doesn’t lead to reliability problems.
I've been mildly concerned about this too, particularly because I will be taking delivery on the (seemingly) last batch of 2021 Ascents. I won't be surprised if it comes out looking like the VW golf with a different color on every panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar reaction here to the OP. Ordered on 7-13, got a vin on 8/25, was give a 9/11 or before date, called soa on 9/13 and they said to call back in a week. I also ordered a limited so not sure what’s going on. Little frustrating because I’m excited about the ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Similar reaction here to the OP. Ordered on 7-13, got a vin on 8/25, was give a 9/11 or before date, called soa on 9/13 and they said to call back in a week. I also ordered a limited so not sure what’s going on. Little frustrating because I’m excited about the ride!
Mine is similar scenario as well. I spoke with my dealer today and they mentioned that my delivery date has changed to Oct 1st.

·
Registered
'22 Outback Limited XT Abyss Blue
514 Posts
No doubt there’s supply chain issues across the board. Hopefully that doesn’t lead to reliability problems.
I wouldn't think so. When they get all of the parts, they assemble & check out the car, then ship.

Now - I understand that in some cases, GM & Ford have built trucks with all of the parts except the missing chips, and then park them out on parking lots... fields... wherever they can until the chips arrive. Some of these 'storage' areas are so large that they can be easily seen via satellite.

Now, IMHO, THESE vehicles would be slightly more likely to see reliability problems.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts