Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Subaru Outback Limited
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a brand new 2022 outback last week. We traded in our 2016 outback and had zero issues with it.
This week when driving home, I pulled into my garage and my eyesight disabled light came on along with a bunch of other lights including RAB, emergency parking brake, traction control. We brought it back to the dealer and they reset the codes and couldn’t duplicate the issues we were having. I took it back home and 3 days later the exact same thing happened again. I have attached the service record and the health report from MySubaru. Did anyone else have these issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
337 Posts
I see P0719 code in the first photo. If I remember correctly that is the Faulty Brake Switch code which has plagued Subaru for years. Noting I have not seen this issue reported on the Outback. If I am correct, then a replacement brake switch should correct the issue. Ultimately you need to take it to the dealer again. Make them actually figure it out this time instead of letting them clear it and send you on your way. You clearly have an ongoing issue.

·
Registered
'22 Outback Limited XT Abyss Blue
523 Posts
We just bought a brand new 2022 outback last week. We traded in our 2016 outback and had zero issues with it.
This week when driving home, I pulled into my garage and my eyesight disabled light came on along with a bunch of other lights including RAB, emergency parking brake, traction control. We brought it back to the dealer and they reset the codes and couldn’t duplicate the issues we were having. I took it back home and 3 days later the exact same thing happened again. I have attached the service record and the health report from MySubaru. Did anyone else have these issues?
It's good that MySubaru also has a record of these errors. To be on the safe side, make sure you retain all of these photos, and those of any future problems until it's resolved.

Also - from my experience, keep a log/record/etc.of everything that you and Subaru has done about this issue. You'd be surprised as to how quickly this could turn into a 'saga', and it's sometimes difficult to accurately recreate past history from memory.

Good luck, and I hope they can wrap this up quickly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see P0719 code in the first photo. If I remember correctly that is the Faulty Brake Switch code which has plagued Subaru for years. Noting I have not seen this issue reported on the Outback. If I am correct, then a replacement brake switch should correct the issue. Ultimately you need to take it to the dealer again. Make them actually figure it out this time instead of letting them clear it and send you on your way. You clearly have an ongoing issue.
Thank you for your response. Do you have any idea why that brake code would cause all the other lights to come on? Also does this impact the drive ability of the car? It seems that once I turn off the car and turn it back on all the lights turn off.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
337 Posts
If it is in fact the brake switch (remember I am guessing over the internet, so could be very wrong in my guess), then it impacts the other systems because it impacts the car’s ability to know if the brake is applied. Everything you mentioned showing errors in the gauge cluster code is consistent with systems that would be impacted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have a Subaru Outback 2020 Premium with 2300 miles now. I have no issues I got my new software upgrade couple month ago this years 2021. Seem like you got a lemon we have no issues with the 2020 bought in end June 2020 we got lucky I guess so far no issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have a Subaru Outback 2020 Premium with 2300 miles now. I have no issues I got my new software upgrade couple month ago this years 2021. Seem like you got a lemon we have no issues with the 2020 bought in end June 2020 we got lucky I guess so far no issue.
I’m glad you aren’t having any issues with your Outback. However, this doesn’t have any relation to the issues I am having.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
597 Posts
I’m glad you aren’t having any issues with your Outback. However, this doesn’t have any relation to the issues I am having.
I wouldn't buy ANY new vehicle currently. With the supply chain disruptions, plant shut downs, limited inventory, higher prices, lower incentives. I guess people are going to see more than usual problems with brand new vehicles. I read even Ford is thinking of sending unfinished inventory to dealers and have them finish building the vehicles. I see a huge uptick in warranty claims for the automotive industry. Choose your dealer carefully.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,746 Posts
Seem like you got a lemon
People make these claims VERY quick. The OP's vehicle has been in for repair ONCE. Most states require at least 3 repair attempts or a certain amount of time in the shop within a certain period of ownership. They need to give it the opportunity to be fixed, and no lemon law lawyer would take the case just yet...

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
337 Posts
Even for the oil temperature? That would coincide with the break light?
I think it would. The code translates to a brake signal issue for the torque converter clutch. Essentially the transmission needs to know if your foot is on the brake. If that switch is out (a common Subaru problem), then all the lights you have make sense. Additionally the trouble code in your paperwork is consistent with the issue. Though I am a little confused why your dealer did not check it given the code.

Noting they may have reason not to. I am again guessing over the internet and they had the car in front of them.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,756 Posts
If the dealership can't get a handle on the issue maybe Subaru of America can help. Number in my signature. Given these early issues sometimes Subaru of America does a gesture to help with confidence in the car, like offering a free extended warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for all your responses, I will be bringing the car back over to the dealership in the morning and will update you all on their findings. If not we will be contacting Subaru of America.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
1,146 Posts
A lot of modern cars disable EVERYTHING when a trouble code pops up, even if it’s for something completely unrelated. So a simple check engine light would light the dash up like a Christmas tree.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dropped off the car yesterday morning. Luckily (or not so lucky), the car did the exact same thing as soon as I pulled into the service bay. They are keeping the car a few days. Hopefully they figure out what is wrong. We contacted Subaru of America and they have opened a case and are already in contact with the dealership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like the Outback will be at the dealer for awhile. They called me earlier stating that they are working with engineers from Subaru and it is believed to be a wiring issue. They then called me later saying that the Subaru engineers recommended replacing the TCM (transmission control module).

·
Registered
50 Posts
did any aftermarket devices has plugged in the OBD port? the reason I say that is because it happen to me! I have a aftermarket HUD plug in the OBD port. and sometime but not aways the system throw me some redeem codes. once I unplug the devices all code disappear

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
12,756 Posts
pk9394 What aftermarket device did you specifically use? They aren't all the same.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts