Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have orders for a 2022 Outback when is your expected delivery date? Mine is the end of July.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same for me. Salesperson implied it's likely more a "July" and the "late july" on the order is for wiggle room, but I had such a bad experience trying to order a car that I don't put any weight into it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
For those who have orders for a 2022 Outback when is your expected delivery date? Mine is the end of July.
We just ordered a 2022 Limited XT last Friday afternoon - guesstimated delivery time from the sales manager was mid-July.

Placed a $500 refundable on it after negotiating (lots of fun 'n games in THAT process) an OTD price.

I'd be surprised to see it before mid-August, but, we'll see.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium (Pre-Ordered)
180 Posts
Mine is given as this:

Allo# 7 (July)

No early/mid/late. I won't be too grouchy over an August delivery as that means more time for me to have a larger down payment.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You negotiate the price. Usually, you just leave a non-refundable deposit. My dealer charges $500 if you are a first-time customer, $200 if a repeat. If you have a trade, negotiate the value. Turn the trade-in when your car arrives.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You negotiate the price. Usually, you just leave a non-refundable deposit. My dealer charges $500 if you are a first-time customer, $200 if a repeat. If you have a trade, negotiate the value. Turn the trade-in when your car arrives.
thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
65 Posts
I was also told that my Wilderness would arrive in "July". Nothing more specific than that. I'll have to start un-modding my Crosstrek sometime in June just so that I'm ready to go. Gives me some time to sell some of the mods I can't transfer over.

·
Registered
72 Posts
how do you order a car from the dealership? Do you negotiate price upfront or put money down?
I negotiated the price first, using the enticement of placing the order (sale) that day.
Hashing it out back and forth till they showed me there was noting left on the table for them except the sale, and their back end.

They run a credit check.

I put no money down, my trade was more than enough for them to place an order.
Also, SOA has a thing that ordering before the end of May locked in the quoted price.

Ordering is the exact same as building your car on the website, with help should you have any questions.
What color and every option you want, or dont want. When you have exactly what you want they confirm and press send and the printer spools off your order that was just put in que to the factory. They then give you the expected delivery date (month).
Ordered cars are priority to recieve chips first.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: jes2 and tymanthius

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Sales mgr. And logic.
If the have a guaranteed pre-sale or units sitting on the lots. What would you fill first?
Dealer allocations will go before customer ordered cars are built… so the first cars you’ll see will be the dealer allocations. They show up in lots about a month before the first orders arrive. Historically speaking. Things can change though.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer allocations will go before customer ordered cars are built… so the first cars you’ll see will be the dealer allocations. They show up in lots about a month before the first orders arrive. Historically speaking. Things can change though.
So the guy who orders a car is shoved down the line?

Reactions: Mercury

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
So the guy who orders a car is shoved down the line?
No, dealer allocations were likely already being produced by the earliest time you are allowed to put in an order, so yours would be in the mix somewhere. I don’t think they prioritize one over the other, but I have not seen documentation either way.

I ordered my 2015 early, and it took a bit to get in, it wasn’t as if I got to the front of the line. Other cars were showing up already. The others I ended up with something enroute, or on the lot, they were close enough and I got better deals on them.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Reactions: jes2

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium (Pre-Ordered)
180 Posts
No, dealer allocations were likely already being produced by the earliest time you are allowed to put in an order, so yours would be in the mix somewhere. I don’t think they prioritize one over the other, but I have not seen documentation either way.

I ordered my 2015 early, and it took a bit to get in, it wasn’t as if I got to the front of the line. Other cars were showing up already. The others I ended up with something enroute, or on the lot, they were close enough and I got better deals on them.

True, but that wasn't after a factory shutdown where they could start the line up in order they wanted.

In all honesty tho, I don't want to be first off the restarted line. These factories aren't really made to do total shutdowns. Get the glitches in the 'generic' cars first!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, Abyss Blue Pearl (Mine) PP 2 , 2017 Ice Silver Outback Limited (Wife's)
177 Posts
On my way home yesterday from the Smoky Mountains I was on I74 North bound just South of Indy and saw three transport trucks with Outbacks and Ascents headed South. No way to tell what MY they were.

Reactions: DanielAcosta
1 - 20 of 106 Posts