Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
54 Posts
On my way home yesterday from the Smoky Mountains I was on I74 North bound just South of Indy and saw three transport trucks with Outbacks and Ascents headed South. No way to tell what MY they were.
Would be pretty hard to visually distinguish the 2021’s and 2022’s, unless its a Wilderness. Unless there was a visual refresh I am not aware of.

·
Registered
329 Posts
On my way home yesterday from the Smoky Mountains I was on I74 North bound just South of Indy and saw three transport trucks with Outbacks and Ascents headed South. No way to tell what MY they were.
I just looked over an Orlando Subaru dealer's online inventory - noted that, aside from their current '21 Outback inventory that they're trying to push out, there were four Outback 'drawings' of cars that were 'in transit'. All were '21 Outbacks.

So, I figure that our '22 will arrive when the transport hits the dealer's lot. :unsure:

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, dealer allocations were likely already being produced by the earliest time you are allowed to put in an order, so yours would be in the mix somewhere. I don’t think they prioritize one over the other, but I have not seen documentation either way.

I ordered my 2015 early, and it took a bit to get in, it wasn’t as if I got to the front of the line. Other cars were showing up already. The others I ended up with something enroute, or on the lot, they were close enough and I got better deals on them.
I just looked over an Orlando Subaru dealer's online inventory - noted that, aside from their current '21 Outback inventory that they're trying to push out, there were four Outback 'drawings' of cars that were 'in transit'. All were '21 Outbacks.

So, I figure that our '22 will arrive when the transport hits the dealer's lot. :unsure:
I was at the dealership two hrs ago and asked him about '22s showing up on dealers sites. He checked and said they are all "in transit" but 'none' have even been shipped out yet.
Also that I can expect delivery at the end of July. (I added another package today to the build).

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT
149 Posts
A dealer near me is supposed to get one in the week after next.
When we bought our 2021 Onyx XT earlier this month, I asked the salesman about 'In Transit'. He said 'In Transit' was no indication of when the vehicle would arrive, even for the OB which is made in the US. He said it could be days, weeks or longer. Note: We were buying the vehicle we wanted, i.e., he was not telling us this to make sure he made a sale that day.

This dealer's website shows they have 9 Outbacks;

• 6 2022s In Transit
  • 1 2021 In Transit
  • 2 2021s on the lot

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
When we bought our 2021 Onyx XT earlier this month, I asked the salesman about 'In Transit'. He said 'In Transit' was no indication of when the vehicle would arrive, even for the OB which is made in the US. He said it could be days, weeks or longer. Note: We were buying the vehicle we wanted, i.e., he was not telling us this to make sure he made a sale that day.

This dealer's website shows they have 9 Outbacks;

• 6 2022s In Transit
  • 1 2021 In Transit
  • 2 2021s on the lot
My dealer was similar, several 2022s in Transit, None Touring XTs.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium (Pre-Ordered)
173 Posts
My dealer just messaged me this morning that my 22 shows up in their online inventory, no further data. So progress seems to be happening.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered a white 2022 touring xt about a month ago...haven't heard anything yet unfortunately 😕...in fact my whole experience ordering one was kinda strange imo lol ive sorta been left in the dark and never really went over everything yet and they never did a credit check or asked for anything down yet lol thought it would go a little differently I guess

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am wanting to order a 2022 Outback and have a couple of questions.
1-What kind of bargaining was possible? Did anyone use Subaru VIP pricing? Is better possible from anyone's experience?
2-In trying to build a 2022 online, only see 2021 builds available. Are there any other packages, accessories available for 2022? Did the dealers have full 2022 ordering possibilities on their forms?

Thx

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
54 Posts
1-What kind of bargaining was possible? Did anyone use Subaru VIP pricing? Is better possible from anyone's experience?
2-In trying to build a 2022 online, only see 2021 builds available. Are there any other packages, accessories available for 2022? Did the dealers have full 2022 ordering possibilities on their forms?

Thx
I'm a Canadian, so SCI and SOA may do things differently. 2022 Pricing is available and you can build one on Subaru.ca. I placed an order for a 2022 Wilderness. They wouldn't really budge on the price, especially for the Wilderness. Dealers have 2021 inventory still, so if I were going for any other trim, I'd have some wiggle space on pricing on a 2021. The only thing I could do is negotiate my trade-in value, which worked in my favour as trade in's right now are in high demand. I basically paid MSRP, and was able to get a 1% interest discount due to being a previous Subaru owner.

Accessories for the 2022 Outback are also available on Subaru.ca... except for the Wilderness.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a Canadian, so SCI and SOA may do things differently. 2022 Pricing is available and you can build one on Subaru.ca. I placed an order for a 2022 Wilderness. They wouldn't really budge on the price, especially for the Wilderness. Dealers have 2021 inventory still, so if I were going for any other trim, I'd have some wiggle space on pricing on a 2021. The only thing I could do is negotiate my trade-in value, which worked in my favour as trade in's right now are in high demand. I basically paid MSRP, and was able to get a 1% interest discount due to being a previous Subaru owner.

Accessories for the 2022 Outback are also available on Subaru.ca... except for the Wilderness.
Thank you

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Thx
I am using VIP pricing to order my 2022 Touring XT. Dealer and I sat down and figured out the build. then paid a small non-refundable deposit. Ordered on May the 8th.

Reactions: pgevanthor

·
Registered
69 Posts

Thx
The 22s should be identical to the 21s.
Ordering is the exact same as building on line and also the same as negotiating your best deal. Hash it out and if you dont like it get up and walk away. (They wont let you go).
After you have YOUR deal and every question is answered. GET IT ALL ON PAPER!
They are just waiting for to tell them to place the order. You will get an invoice shortly thereafter.
Good luck and good deal.
You will know the price and bottom line before you walk out

Thx
https://youtu.be/su-viVXKua

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Same here but I didn't do any of that lol idk weird experience I thought thats how it goes
Can you clarify? Not sure what you mean?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you clarify? Not sure what you mean?
Told the salesperson what I wanted and we went over the factory options/accessories I wanted after that I was sorta left in the dark on price and estimated arrival time etc etc never really finalized anything nor did he ask for a credit check or a deposit either but said it was ordered lol 🤷‍♂️ I have done buisness there before so maybe that was the reason for no deposit or credit check because my credit is well over 800....just a weird experience compared to others

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am not comfortable without knowing the Out the Door Price with full disclosure of fees. I have experienced in the past some bogus fees added to an invoice to make more profit for the dealer. I want an official order invoice the will be reviewed (my understanding from a quick review) by Subaru as stated in the VIP Pricing agreement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not comfortable without knowing the Out the Door Price with full disclosure of fees. I have experienced in the past some bogus fees added to an invoice to make more profit for the dealer. I want an official order invoice the will be reviewed (my understanding from a quick review) by Subaru as stated in the VIP Pricing agreement.
Exactly lol I guess when it arrives if **** don't feel right I'll just walk lol I don't need a car that bad

21 - 40 of 99 Posts