Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Told the salesperson what I wanted and we went over the factory options/accessories I wanted after that I was sorta left in the dark on price and estimated arrival time etc etc never really finalized anything nor did he ask for a credit check or a deposit either but said it was ordered lol 🤷‍♂️ I have done buisness there before so maybe that was the reason for no deposit or credit check because my credit is well over 800....just a weird experience compared to others
No printout or anything. I hope they do not sell it out from you. Perhaps it is not a concern but just saying. :)

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
14 Posts
Ordered a Wilderness on Monday. we have 0 options to select in Canada, so I guess that makes things streamlined.
The sales manager made a comment that it may be here in June.. but I don't believe him one bit, I'll be stunned if it is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For a 2022 Limited XT, are there packages of accessories that are not seen on the 2021 Build on the Subaru USA site? Got our VIP Certificate from Subaru. Will probably order this weekend from El Cajon Subaru, just outside of San Diego.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I never put down a deposit or signed anything. I haven't even met my salesperson... now I am kinda worried they'll sell it to someone else lol.

I hadn't heard of a build sheet...

I do have an order confirmation email from Subaru of America though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
For a 2022 Limited XT, are there packages of accessories that are not seen on the 2021 Build on the Subaru USA site? Got our VIP Certificate from Subaru. Will probably order this weekend from El Cajon Subaru, just outside of San Diego.
Update on our attempt to use our VIP Program Retailer Authorization at El Cajon Subaru. Salesman said we could do such a deal. Manager however refused. Salesman apologized and contacted Kearny Mesa Subaru in San Diego who said they would. Not clear to me or sales what is the truth. Need to wait till manager returns Monday. We shall see.

Going to make more calls.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never put down a deposit or signed anything. I haven't even met my salesperson... now I am kinda worried they'll sell it to someone else lol.

I hadn't heard of a build sheet...

I do have an order confirmation email from Subaru of America though...
I didn't even get that lol

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
54 Posts
Are those dealer installed or port installed?
My guess is these are dealer installed. If you were to install them yourself, it would probably take 30 minutes to do all four. An experienced tech in the dealership would take far less time.
There are also two versions: an Outback version and a Wilderness version. The Outback version is a plain flap with the work Outback on them. The Wilderness version has no text but an embossed mountain range graphic:

Reactions: x.Tubaru

·
Premium Member
'96, '11, '16 OBs; Wilderness on order
12 Posts
For those who have orders for a 2022 Outback when is your expected delivery date? Mine is the end of July.
I ordered 4/25. The e-mail from SOA acknowledging the order said delivery is the last week of July. An Order Status/Pipeline report printed by the dealer today says 'Month of July'. From other responses it sounds like the end of July for most people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered 4/25. The e-mail from SOA acknowledging the order said delivery is the last week of July. An Order Status/Pipeline report printed by the dealer today says 'Month of July'. From other responses it sounds like the end of July for most people.
I ordered mine 5/8/21 and haven't heard anything like that yet no emails no credit check no deposit ...just that it's been accepted...how do you get emails? I asked the salesman and he says subaru would not send me updates lol

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
When I ordered I left the dealer with an 'order sheet' describing the basic order and listing the order total. The e-mail from SOA arrived a few days later unsolicited. The e-mail from Subaru said all inquiries are to be addressed to the dealer so no further updates are expected from them.
I paid a $2K deposit but no credit check. The salesman at that time said my 2016 OB was worth $18K as a trade in so long as I didn't crash it or put a lot of miles on it before delivery. I haven't yet ordered accessories as they still aren't available. I'll deal with the financing once I've ordered accessories and know the final total.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Plan on ordering this week. Using VIP Authorization
I want my Out the Door Price before I sign/leave a deposit. Are you saying that won’t be possible as the add insult to basic model aren’t available?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I want my Out the Door Price before I sign/leave a deposit. Are you saying that won’t be possible as the add insult to basic model aren’t available?
Without the accessory list I don't see how you can get the final price unless you buy the basic and do the add ons later? You can order the two options 18 and 22. They are around 1000 and 1800 respectively.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts