Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
'96, '11, '16 OBs; Wilderness on order
12 Posts
My Order Sheet says the options are factory installed. I believe the trailer hitch and skid plates are dealer installed.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium (Pre-Ordered)
173 Posts
Yikes, I would not let a dealer install a trailer hitch on a new car after seeing horror stories on this forum.
Even here, very few ppl write about good experiences. So you're getting a tainted view.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just received our VIN # from our salesman for our 2022 XT Limited this AM. Guesstimated arrival date will be latter half of July, I'll guess early August.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Build configuration is available online now with all individual accessories. And here's a window sticker I pulled off a Wilderness in transit. This has an "Outback Wilderness Package" added on which appears to be a popular package not offered online. I haven't priced it out individually to see if there are any savings.

2 things I noticed from the sticker:
1. Wilderness warranty is listed the same as other trims at 3/36k and 5/50k. But Subaru website shows the Wilderness gets 1 year extra respectively for both (4 and 6 years, mileage is unchanged).
2. The 3 year free trial period for Starlink Safety Plus is not available to Massachusetts residents or businesses.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Factory ordered a 2022 Limited XT using VIP Pricing Authorization. Used Jay Shockey at Kearny Mesa Subaru. He was great. Had some difficulty finding a San Diego area dealer that would order with the VIP Pricing. El Cajon salesman said yes and we got the Authorization with their name on it. When we arrived for ordering meeting the Manager rudely refused to do it. Frank Subaru in National City said no. Baker in Carlsbad wouldn't order an Outback. Kerry from Temecula Hine Subaru was willing. Would even deliver to us 60 miles away in La Mesa. Larger volume dealers seemingly are willing. Makes sense. Arrival stated to be mid-late August. Heard this from response salesman got within a few minutes of ordering the vehicle. Got a VON (vehicle order number?) as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Factory ordered a 2022 Limited XT using VIP Pricing Authorization. Used Jay Shockey at Kearny Mesa Subaru. He was great. Had some difficulty finding a San Diego area dealer that would order with the VIP Pricing. El Cajon salesman said yes and we got the Authorization with their name on it. When we arrived for ordering meeting the Manager rudely refused to do it. Frank Subaru in National City said no. Baker in Carlsbad wouldn't order an Outback. Kerry from Temecula Hine Subaru was willing. Would even deliver to us 60 miles away in La Mesa. Larger volume dealers seemingly are willing. Makes sense. Arrival stated to be mid-late August. Heard this from response salesman got within a few minutes of ordering the vehicle. Got a VON (vehicle order number?) as well.
Heard from Subaru this morning, day after ordering. Included vehicle order number and statement that vehicle would arrive last week of Aug.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
My 2022 Touring XT may be here by the end of June. I ordered it May 8th, 2021. The original estimate was the end of July.

·
Premium Member
'96, '11, '16 OBs; Wilderness on order
12 Posts
Yikes, I would not let a dealer install a trailer hitch on a new car after seeing horror stories on this forum.
I see from the accessories now available on Subaru.com that the trailer hitch can be a factory install....

·
Registered
69 Posts
For those who have orders for a 2022 Outback when is your expected delivery date? Mine is the end of July.
Was at the dealership today inquiring about my VIN. None reported yet but delivery is still as originally projected in July.
Was told that SOA basically stopped production on all vehicles EXCEPT OB.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Was this the first letter from Subaru after your order was placed? If so, and this may be obsessing, why did it take 2.5 weeks and I got mine the next day? Maybe a reflection of the complication of a startup and model switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Was this the first letter from Subaru after your order was placed? If so, and this may be obsessing, why did it take 2.5 weeks and I got mine the next day? Maybe a reflection of the complication of a startup and model switch.
The first letter was the 2nd day after placed the order and said the car will come in at last week of July. But the latest letter made it much earlier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A number of dealers near me are showing 22 Outbacks in stock - without the "This vehicle is in transit" (which is present for a lot of the other 22s in their inventory). I have not had a chance to go physically look yet though.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
A number of dealers near me are showing 22 Outbacks in stock - without the "This vehicle is in transit" (which is present for a lot of the other 22s in their inventory). I have not had a chance to go physically look yet though.
Yep, I want to see the Wilderness.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Just received from Subaru of America my VIN for my 2022 OB Touring XT in magnetite gray. The estimated arrival date is 6/25/21 Ordered on 5/7/21 (about 45 days) Getting excited.

Reactions: x.Tubaru
61 - 80 of 99 Posts