Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my new 2022 outback wilderness. 3 days old. 2 stupid questions. 1., do I need to turn any sensors off in car before going through car wash? 2., what’s the biggest size water bottle that will fit in center water bottle console? Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don’t know that the hatch can open from the exterior sensor if you are sitting in the vehicle with the key. It hasn’t the few times I’ve had co-workers trying to open it at the airport with me still in the driver’s seat.

I use a 20oz yeti tumble (tapered) and it fits nice. My 36oz straight wall bottle does not fit (the 26oz might). My Nalgene is a no-go. None of my straight wall pelicans fit either.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I get a 32oz Yeti rambler in the cup holder. Not a water bottle, though.
I've got through the car wash without turning off anything. None of the sensors on my Wilderness have gone off, and the hatch hasn't opened. The one I use requires the car in Neutral, so they shouldn't activate anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I was reading some earlier posts online, maybe they’re older cars I have to check but people were saying u have to turn this off, turn that off, go into the screen to disengaged and I’m like wtf, I just want a car wash. Thank you!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Our cars usually need the Eyesight turned off. More than once it's activated, detecting the obstacle, but they haven't tried to stop the car yet. Scares the **** outta me so we try to remember to turn off Eyesight. The rest has never been a problem.

Cup holder? Whatever fits?

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
17,733 Posts
The warnings about turn off this or that are about "just in case" - not every car wash is the same. Some may activate certain features unexpectedly like automatic emergency braking and some may not. So when you ask for generic advice on "car washes" you will hear both worst-case scenario situations where you should have deactivated this or that, as well as people who have gone through car washes without turning anything off and it was fine.

Maybe touchless car washes cause less problems than the ones with giant rollers that approach your windshield - I don't know.

At least one member did have their rear hatch open during a car wash and it shouldn't have, because normally it requires that the key fob be in the vicinity of the rear hatch or the proximity thing won't work.

Reactions: DanielAcosta

·
Premium Member
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
843 Posts
At least one member did have their rear hatch open during a car wash and it shouldn't have, because normally it requires that the key fob be in the vicinity of the rear hatch or the proximity thing won't work.
If one is sitting in the car, the system might activate. I will out of an abundance of caution turn everything off and when I am at the vacuums, turn everything back on.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,837 Posts
Maybe touchless car washes cause less problems than the ones with giant rollers that approach your windshield - I don't know.
The touchless washes I use are essentially a self-wash bay with the machine installed, so the vehicle sits there in Park, no issues with tailgate or AEB activating...

·
Registered
Outback Wilderness
6 Posts
Unless it's a slim bottle, 32oz bottles won't fit.

Someone goofed!
View attachment 540325

View attachment 540326
I'd say someone in MERCH at Subaru goofed because the silver bottle is too big and the black bottle is too small! :). When I find the right bottle, I'll put a Subaru sticker on it. Also, why doesn't Subaru make any wilderness specific Merch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They definitely need to make wilderness specific merch. It’s in league of its own. Where do u guys store the nice bag that has all the first aid and stuff. It’s nice but big and don’t know where to put it. It’s there also a loose change storage area?

·
Registered
Outback Wilderness
6 Posts
They definitely need to make wilderness specific merch. It’s in league of its own. Where do u guys store the nice bag that has all the first aid and stuff. It’s nice but big and don’t know where to put it. It’s there also a loose change storage area?
I didn’t get a med kit, hmmm. As for loose change there’s a dash fuse box cover that you can replace with a change pocket. Looks factory. Decent quality.

JKCOVER Interior Inner ABS Black Fuse Box Coin Container Storage Dash Tray Compatible with Subaru XV Crosstrek Forester Outback Legacy Impreza WRX STI Ascent (Black) https://a.co/d/dcV146Z

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback xt
93 Posts
Love my new 2022 outback wilderness. 3 days old. 2 stupid questions. 1., do I need to turn any sensors off in car before going through car wash? 2., what’s the biggest size water bottle that will fit in center water bottle console? Thank you!
I got a couple of these bottles.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback xt
93 Posts
I didn’t get a med kit, hmmm. As for loose change there’s a dash fuse box cover that you can replace with a change pocket. Looks factory. Decent quality.

JKCOVER Interior Inner ABS Black Fuse Box Coin Container Storage Dash Tray Compatible with Subaru XV Crosstrek Forester Outback Legacy Impreza WRX STI Ascent (Black) https://a.co/d/dcV146Z
Mine would not stay closed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts