Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I ordered an Outback Wilderness, and it's listed as in transit under the dealer, I'm so excited. I'm just curious, has anyone confirmed being able to add Rockford Fosgate to their order? I used the official builder that is live and it's not showing as an option. The guy that I am working with is back from vacation on Saturday, but wondering why it's not showing...

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I noticed that too, but when you look at the comparison between the trims, the 6-speaker system from the Onyx is “standard” and there is an accessory “optional” for the Accessories.

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
65 Posts
I'm Canadian, so my experience may be different than yours.

I ordered a bunch of accessories with my Wilderness, and the Rockford Fosgate upgrade is one of them. I've been told by the Parts department that they are MOST LIKELY going to be compatible. But Subaru of Canada is being extra cautious in officially stating what is compatible and what isn't. As of now, all Subaru of Canada has confirmed is the Thule Extended Aero Crossbars and the OEM Hitch with Facia cover.

All I did was give my dealer a list of accessories I wanted, and worked them (pricing) into my deal. The dealer has a list, but the deal explicitly says "or compatible equivalent", just in case there are changes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some dealers might offer it as an option, but on the build page and at the dealer when you build out the Wilderness it's does not have a 3 letter build code, for assembly or port add on.
At least when I ordered mine last week.
Where do you find/locate this "3 letter build code" within the online build page for accessories? I don't see any letters or codes next to the accessories. I'm trying to determine what's possible to be added at port vs what's only available as a dealer install.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx Outback
73 Posts
Where do you find/locate this "3 letter build code" within the online build page for accessories? I don't see any letters or codes next to the accessories. I'm trying to determine what's possible to be added at port vs what's only available as a dealer install.
The dealer build program has the 3 digit codes built into there software. Most all manufactures use a 3 digit code for all items that available including standard features.

I was able to find the build codes for my 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 and built my order and just handed it to the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got a follow up from the dealer, they said that the Rockford Fosgate is something that the dealership will install if I want, but that it's going to cost some money with labor, which I think is fine. Either way, is the Rockford on other trims usually installed at port or at the dealer?

·
Registered
2022 Wilderness
65 Posts
I thought Outbacks for the North American market were made in Indiana?
That's what I thought. Because of this, I just figured any or all accessories were installed by the dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx Outback
73 Posts
I thought Outbacks for the North American market were made in Indiana?
The Port is considered where the shipment from Indiana is off loaded from train carriers. That is where accessories are installed and cars are prepared for delivery to dealers.. The dealer items are installed at the dealership and have an additional charge typically for labor. The port is also where vehicle from Japan are received once they are unloaded from ships.

On the west coast the port is located in Vancouver, WA, where ships from Japan are off loaded and Prepared for distribution to dealers, as well as trains from Indiana.

·
Registered
5 Posts
on some Subaru builds you can add RF at the port. I was told that for 2022 wilderness models (not sure if all 2022 MY) this is not available as a port installed option. let me know if anyone's heard differently.

what prices are people receiving for dealer installed RF audio? my dealer quoted $800 which seems very high.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on some Subaru builds you can add RF at the port. I was told that for 2022 wilderness models (not sure if all 2022 MY) this is not available as a port installed option. let me know if anyone's heard differently.

what prices are people receiving for dealer installed RF audio? my dealer quoted $800 which seems very high.
This is the exact same information in the exact same quote that I got.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Yes, it takes around 1-2 hours of labor for the install since it involves taking apart the door and window trims. I believe in the future there will be a port install option. At the least I would negotiate to get it installed for the port pricing.

The install is the two front door speakers and an amplifier. The tweeters are not changed nor are the back door speakers. But, SilverOnyx has an excellent tweeter upgrade DIY post using OEM tweeters for the WRX.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts