Subaru Outback Forums banner

Cast Your Vote for September's Outback of the Month!

• Grum - #2

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 22OBW - #3

• Bdawg933 - #4

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • AzBob - #5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cascadia - #6

• Ballermaris - #7

• scoobydoo2 - #11

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • CoryDJeter - #12

• RedDedZed - #13

• Dirkdiggler - #14

• Zahn - #15

• Peep6543 - #16

• Deepvi - #17

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • JoeH - #25

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Mountain Car

Congrats to @cleatherman2k12, August's winner.

Summer has almost ended, and school is officially back in session! You know what that means? It means First Day pics are our theme!

Share your photo of (or one that represents) your first day with your Subaru Outback!

We do have some basic rules:
  1. Members MUST have at least 20 posts
  2. Unless otherwise stated you may submit up to 5 photos
  3. Voting will take place the last week of the month
  4. Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  1. One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  2. A profile badge to show off your winner status
  3. A place in the SubaruOutback.org winner's gallery
  4. Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts

Good luck to those who enter. 馃コ

~MR

Registered
2001 Outback Wagon 3.0 VDC
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

This, was the first day of being introduced to "Maroon 5" as it was named at the time.

The day that showed me the true meaning of friendship and the generosity of people around me!

In hard times, this car was donated to me by one of the kindest people I have ever met. Sadly, said person's heart was so big, his body couldn't handle it, and earlier this year he past away of heart complications at age 29! A huge shock to all of us!! 馃様

Not only will I appreciate his generosity and willingness to help those around him but will cherish the sentimental value of this car and what it means to me!

It's come a long way and I enjoy every moment I can!

Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

This was the first day with the car, which became known as Basalt (several stories on that one). On this day, I traded in my 2008 Legacy 2.5GT Limited since I missed the cargo space of an Outback. This coming November 1 will mark 9 years with this car, which will tie with my first Outback in terms of the length of ownership. However, this is the first car that I have ever put 100k miles on. As I look at this picture and the current picture, it does not even look like the same car but it is. To this day, this car still amazes me.

Registered
Here it is. 2001 Outback, original owner, 320k, smokes from oil leaking on the exhaust, dog damage aplenty (in fact my dog has been deceased for 4 years and there is still dog hair wedged in every conceivable nook). This car still fires right up every time, drives great every time and I would drive it anywhere in any conditions. Just have to have an extra quart of oil in the back to filler back up after a bit! It doesn't smell great inside but the doors all work, locks all work, radio works, air works, heat works, seats work. I'm never selling it. Every time I pass a new car on a flatbed, I point and say to my wife, "see that!"
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Sky

Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i (sold 257,000km)/2018 Crosstrek limited 2022 Forester Limited
Hey, I know we sold our OB back in July but I鈥檒l throw in this last driveway picture of it with the crosstrek in the background and one with the car that replaced next to it..the new Forester.

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

Cheers.

Registered
22 Outback Onyx XT black
I give you, Lord Vader! 馃榿
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

All pics snapped just having returned from picking him up. Back when he was still so very clean and shiny you could see the blue sky and white clouds (and every little detail of the tarmac). He's much dirtier these days, from force-choking so many RAV4s and CRVs... 馃槤馃槀馃槈.

Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Sky

March 29, 2021... after months and months of much research, and then after confirming appointment and agreement with the dealer, I woke up ~3am that Monday, took an uber from my house to the train station, boarded Amtrak from St. Louis to Chicago, where then took metro rail to as close to the dealer possible, then walked ~2 miles to the dealer. After the intros, seeing the car for the first time in person, and test drive, signed the papers and handed over check, then drove this magical beast outta town to its new home. This 2012 OB Limited 3.6R, w/ ~10k miles, was now mine!!! Mahahahhahaaaaaa... :devilish: :cool: Her name is Zahn. Have had her skin ceramic coated, her underbelly Zieberted, and added a hitch to her tail so she and I can pull my kayaks and haul my bikes. Slept couple times so far in her backside while spending the weekend at the 300th anniversary of the oldest town in Illinois. So many more miles to travel and small improvements to make, based greatly on the vast experiences and recommendations from the experts on this site. So, these are photos from day #2... foolish me forgot to get some photos at the dealer, as I was tad mix of excitement, tired / drained, and contemplations of "what's next" so lol slipped my mind then until I was down the road! Anyhow, again, much thanks to everyone on this community for your wisdom and advice, and what your OB is traveling.

Registered
September is my "first" month, as my birthday is 9/29. 2020 Onyx XT.

Pictures are the first time bringing it on ORV trails, the first day I owned it, and the first drive home for my (now 2 year-old) son.

This car throws everything I have at it - from hauling the family, driving customers, weekend getaways, material hauling, etc. All with great fuel economy. Love my OB!

Enkei PX-10
Michelin CC2
Subaru engine and diff skids
Subaru 2" hitch
RockBlox
Crux chrome delete
Rear reflector delete
Redline hood lift struts
Auto Stop Start Eliminator
Speaker and tweeter upgrade
Fumoto oil valve

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
Took this on the day I traded in my 2017 Outback for a 2022 Wilderness:)
Would be interested in hearing your pros / cons of these two, maybe in another thread!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts