Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram Big Horn 8' Bed 4X4 6.4 Hemi
200 Posts
If they stick a Manual transmission behind the turbo I'll take one...

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Touring
521 Posts
4.44 final drive and VTD?

From the looks they worked on the approach angle of the front bumper some.

It's not the best but by pulling the fog lights in they brought in the corners as well which is a marked improvement.
The Subaru Sasquatch package...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang I hope there’s nothing on this car that is functionally different from the Onyx. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roof rails are covered .... because It is a 24K gold.....
I would bet they are doing standard roof rails like found on the Forester rather than the ones with the retractable crossbars. That style is much stronger and should allow the Outback to officially support roof mounted tents.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
345 Posts
more black-out, beefier Onyx look is good and tempting for me. :)

I have this vision of a ice metal silver or abyss blue pearl, blacked-out onyx on beefier tires....NO SILVER TRIM! I would be tempted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it includes eyesight X I’m considering it.
I thought at first it did because the it had the squares on the sides like the spy shots of the MY22 Forester that does have Eyesight X. These were thought to be marking the 360 LIDAR sensors. However, looking closer you can see that the eyesight cameras are the same ones currently used and not the new Eyesight X ones that are flush with windshield.

Conclusion, no Eyesight X until MY23. :(

Outback MY22 Spy Shot first, Forester MY22 Spy Shot second:

·
Registered
521 Posts
A factory lifted Legacy sold so well it became it's own model.

I'm surprised it took them this long to get here.
Especially when dealers were already doing it. But now with ZR2, Bronco, Gladiator, heck even a new Defender rolled out. It is clear people want off road vehicles, especially now with COVID-19. Do not need to worry about social distancing or masks when camping in the boonies.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wanted to ask you guys the following:
Thinking of getting a off-road truck to do Overlanding. Which would you pick.
1) Tacoma TRD Pro or 2) Colorado ZR2. Not interested in Galidator or full size trucks. I would still keep the Outback.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
503 Posts
I thought at first it did because the it had the squares on the sides like the spy shots of the MY22 Forester that does have Eyesight X. These were thought to be marking the 360 LIDAR sensors. However, looking closer you can see that the eyesight cameras are the same ones currently used and not the new Eyesight X ones that are flush with windshield.

Conclusion, no Eyesight X until MY23. :(

Outback MY22 Spy Shot first, Forester MY22 Spy Shot second:
View attachment 501731 View attachment 501732
[/QUO
If you look at the side view and see the small white squares on the lower front and back quarter panels. You'll see the same on the 2022 Forester. And it's speculated those are new sensors for the Eyesight X. View attachment 501764

·
Registered
5 Posts
@JamesBond Yes, I realize that. It is possible those squares are marking 360 sensors, or it is possible they are there marking something else. On the forester you could see green sensors inside the squares. Those are not visible on the Outback, but it could still be the same thing. My assumption it does not have Eyesight X is based on the Eyesight windshield cameras. I expect Eyesight X would be based on a complete system and you would need the new windshield cameras as they are likely updated hardware for new features. That could be wrong though. Who knows. Everything is speculation here. Some may just be educated speculation.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
30 Posts
Nice to see SOA coming out with a more offroad capable version of the Outback.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5
46 Posts
Wanted to ask you guys the following:
Thinking of getting a off-road truck to do Overlanding. Which would you pick.
1) Tacoma TRD Pro or 2) Colorado ZR2. Not interested in Galidator or full size trucks. I would still keep the Outback.

Do you need that much specialization? I'd get a base model 4x4 Tacoma.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts