Subaru Outback Forums banner
781 - 800 of 810 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update
Received VIN on Nov 3, and on Nov 4 MySubaru said "Your Subaru is coming to life!"
Hopefully it will be ready in next two weeks. The Subaru plant is 3 hours from my dealer so once it ships, I should be able to get it the next day.
Update
Indeed it arrived in 2 weeks and I picked it up this week. My dealer was very nice and straightforward --
  • I was able to get all documents and transactions done in 2 hours.
  • They upgraded my Starlink subscription for free.
  • The sales consultant came to the car park and went through all the details/upgrades of my 2023. He spent a long time there to teach me all the functions until I had no more questions.
  • They sent me a bag of small gifts / dog toys.
I have driven it for 3 days and really like it.

·
Registered
2023 OBW Magnetite Gray
10 Posts
New owner of a 2023 OBW — magnetite gray. OMG!

Oct 12 — Deposit

Oct 31 — Got VIN #

Nov 8 — Vehicle confirmed in RI

Nov 18 — Vehicle delivered to dealer

Nov 21 — picked up!

A very smooth and outstanding purchasing experience. The wait was just inside the obsession threshold. Added the Thule crossbars and Yakima cargo basket (they play together well) and took a drive on turkey day when everyone else was gobbling. This car is a keeper!

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
167 Posts
Update
Indeed it arrived in 2 weeks and I picked it up this week. My dealer was very nice and straightforward --
  • I was able to get all documents and transactions done in 2 hours.
  • They upgraded my Starlink subscription for free.
  • The sales consultant came to the car park and went through all the details/upgrades of my 2023. He spent a long time there to teach me all the functions until I had no more questions.
  • They sent me a bag of small gifts / dog toys.
I have driven it for 3 days and really like it.
****, that was quick! I ordered Nov 3rd and got the VIN on Nov 12, so 9 days after ordering. It's scheduled to arrive Dec 15, but if it's taking 2-3 weeks from VIN generation, maybe I'll get it around the first week in Dec. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first Subaru. I'm a little excited but I've been lurking this website for the last few weeks to see what to expect and finally decided to just join.

Ordering an Outback Wilderness in Autumn Green with the 22 package and some accessories. No hitch because it was going to delay the arrival of the Outback until February/March.

Oct 17 - Ordered Subaru/Received VON, last week of December delivery
Nov 21 - Received VIN from Dealer, mid week of December delivery
Nov 21 - Able to access window sticker
Nov 21 - Able to access mysubaru website

MySubaru website updates:
Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Document

MySubaru website is still saying last week of December. But at this moment I just hope it comes before that as I'd like to take a trip down to visit my family with the new car.

I'm trying to be patient - haha but man I would love for this guy to pop in next week and make my month!

·
Registered
2015 2.5 Limited loaded
238 Posts
This is my first Subaru. I'm a little excited but I've been lurking this website for the last few weeks to see what to expect and finally decided to just join.

Ordering an Outback Wilderness in Autumn Green with the 22 package and some accessories. No hitch because it was going to delay the arrival of the Outback until February/March.

Oct 17 - Ordered Subaru/Received VON, last week of December delivery
Nov 21 - Received VIN from Dealer, mid week of December delivery
Nov 21 - Able to access window sticker
Nov 21 - Able to access mysubaru website

MySubaru website updates:
View attachment 554636
MySubaru website is still saying last week of December. But at this moment I just hope it comes before that as I'd like to take a trip down to visit my family with the new car.

I'm trying to be patient - haha but man I would love for this guy to pop in next week and make my month!
I would imagine it should be there in a week or 2 for sure. I ordered a touring my self.
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Document

Just got window sticker today. Hoping it gets shipped soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would imagine it should be there in a week or 2 for sure. I ordered a touring my self.
View attachment 554658

Just got window sticker today. Hoping it gets shipped soon.
I hope you, @Nogard13, @Don602, and I all get our Outbacks soon! It looks like we share creation dates on mysubaru.

I don't like to bug my salesman so I just wait for him to naturally update me. But he updates me with or without anything new once a week so I've appreciated it.

@Don602 did your Outback land yet?

·
Registered
2015 2.5 Limited loaded
238 Posts
I hope you, @Nogard13, @Don602, and I all get our Outbacks soon! It looks like we share creation dates on mysubaru.

I don't like to bug my salesman so I just wait for him to naturally update me. But he updates me with or without anything new once a week so I've appreciated it.

@Don602 did your Outback land yet?
I just look at there new inventory all the time. It updated every day. Looking for my vehicle in transit as they put all vehicles in inventory till sold. I am wondering if mine is delayed a bit as they are installing the hitch at the port....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just look at there new inventory all the time. It updated every day. Looking for my vehicle in transit as they put all vehicles in inventory till sold. I am wondering if mine is delayed a bit as they are installing the hitch at the port....
I'm doing the same! Haha, every day I look at the inventory to see if I can find my VIN amongst the cars.

So the issue with the hitch for me was: installing in port would take until Feb/Mar delivery but installing in house will take until they get the product.

I have a daily driver with a hitch at the moment and figured I'll just have them install the hitch in house when they get it. It is going to cost me more - but I didn't want the delay.

However, my salesperson did tell me that there was a possibility of getting the hitch in prior to delivery without a delay. They were just not 100% positive of that delay and didn't want to give me false hope. Have you talked to your dealer about it? I'm sure they would give up an update.

·
Registered
2015 2.5 Limited loaded
238 Posts
I'm doing the same! Haha, every day I look at the inventory to see if I can find my VIN amongst the cars.

So the issue with the hitch for me was: installing in port would take until Feb/Mar delivery but installing in house will take until they get the product.

I have a daily driver with a hitch at the moment and figured I'll just have them install the hitch in house when they get it. It is going to cost me more - but I didn't want the delay.

However, my salesperson did tell me that there was a possibility of getting the hitch in prior to delivery without a delay. They were just not 100% positive of that delay and didn't want to give me false hope. Have you talked to your dealer about it? I'm sure they would give up an update.
Yeah when I ordered the car I was told hitch was unavailable. Then 2 weeks later I was called by the dealer that it could be added on and asked if I wanted it. I did because I get the VIP on accessories and that knocked about 200 off the price. I am in Washington state what about you? If you get an in transit before me perhaps I'll call dealer and say I don't want the hitch if it will speed up delivery. I could use the car. We have a 15 OB and my Tribeca blew a head gasket back in late September. Since then I have seen that guy get my old Tribeca for 1700. Through a new engine in it and sell it at his dealership all ready! 😂 Oh well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah when I ordered the car I was told hitch was unavailable. Then 2 weeks later I was called by the dealer that it could be added on and asked if I wanted it. I did because I get the VIP on accessories and that knocked about 200 off the price. I am in Washington state what about you? If you get an in transit before me perhaps I'll call dealer and say I don't want the hitch if it will speed up delivery. I could use the car. We have a 15 OB and my Tribeca blew a head gasket back in late September. Since then I have seen that guy get my old Tribeca for 1700. Through a new engine in it and sell it at his dealership all ready! 😂 Oh well.
I'm in Colorado. I usually get updated every Monday by my salesperson.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was going to get the hitch with VIP discount but dealership said that the car would probably be delayed a few weeks and up to 2 months. I chose to just order it without and I'll get myself an aftermarket one and install it myself. I'm also in Colorado.

·
Registered
2015 2.5 Limited loaded
238 Posts
I was going to get the hitch with VIP discount but dealership said that the car would probably be delayed a few weeks and up to 2 months. I chose to just order it without and I'll get myself an aftermarket one and install it myself. I'm also in Colorado.
Yeah they have the hitches in stock. I asked my dealer about that. He said if it was delayed by port they would not delay car but have the hitch installed at dealer. Odd your guy said they would delay delivery of a car by 2 months over a hitch lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah they have the hitches in stock. I asked my dealer about that. He said if it was delayed by port they would not delay car but have the hitch installed at dealer. Odd your guy said they would delay delivery of a car by 2 months over a hitch lol
I guess he didn't "technically" say it would be delayed, rather than other customers had theirs be delayed in the past due to unavailable parts. That said, dude has been a straight shooter so maybe he found a way to try to get me to install it locally instead of at the port without lying to me? Either way, no biggie! I can save money by installing my own from eTrailer. The Curt hitch seems to attach to the frame and replace the bumper bar, just like the OEM does, but only uses one bolt vs. the two used by the OEM hitch. Still, should be plenty strong for what I plan on using it for (a bike rack).

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6
8 Posts
How is everyone getting MySubaru updates on their build? My dealer (southern Maine) says they can't connect the OB I ordered to my name because it hasn't arrived yet. My salesperson hasn't bee communicative, and the timeline has been annoyingly slow. It was supposed to arrive at the dealership in late Oct/early Nov. It finally arrived at the R.I. port three weeks ago (11/7) and hasn't moved since. No idea when it will get loaded on a truck. Very frustrating. Okay, rant over:)

781 - 800 of 810 Posts