Subaru Outback Forums banner

2023 Outback Wilderness pedals

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  mattfrit 
Hi, I couldn’t find anything about this in the search, but apologies if I’ve missed it! I’ve seen comments here and there about the pedals on the ‘23 Outback Wilderness being regular rubber pedals vs the aluminum alloy. All the specs I’ve found online list the aluminum alloy, but that seems to maybe not be the case? Anyone gotten a 2023 with the aluminum or have they all been regular pedals? I placed an order for a Wilderness a couple of weeks ago (my first Subaru), so I’m super excited, and was curious about this.
I have a '22 OBW and unsure how I feel about the aluminum with rubber dots. There have been a few moments where I didn't have the best traction on the pedal. From a 100% performance perspective I'm still on the fence about these "upgraded" pedals. Take this comment for whatever its worth but sometimes plain old boring rubber covered pedals maybe best!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.