Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am experiencing a vibration that sounds like it is coming from the B Pillar. It almost sounds like plastic rattling but it is very inconsistent. I have been to the dealer twice already. Thought it was fixed today and had been able to replicate with a rubber mallet and tapping the door handle hook. This is localized to only the driver side and seems to be the loudest when hitting a bump, or even just slightly rough road surface, or lane reflector with the passenger side of the car. The dealer removed the B pillar today and said a bracket was twisted a little but as soon as I go on the expressway the vibration returned.

Has anyone experienced this? I think the next step is to try to schedule a service appointment when the Service Advisor is on site. This would not be so bad if the noise was not right in my left ear.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback Limited XT, Crystal White
31 Posts
I had a rattle in the area somewhere behind my head while driving shortly after purchase. Couldn't quite figure out where it was, even with my wife driving and me poking around in the back seat.

Took it back to the dealer and they were able to reproduce it right away. They took the trim off and found a loose bracket in the B pIllar, might be the same as yours. I asked them to insulate it as well as tighten it and have not had problems since.

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
699 Posts
There is another thread on this issue (I've looked and cannot find it, sorry) which advises of a piece of plastic which has come loose at the right front area of the windshield. You might check your car to see if there's anything visible which might be causing your problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a rattle in the area somewhere behind my head while driving shortly after purchase. Couldn't quite figure out where it was, even with my wife driving and me poking around in the back seat.

Took it back to the dealer and they were able to reproduce it right away. They took the trim off and found a loose bracket in the B pIllar, might be the same as yours. I asked them to insulate it as well as tighten it and have not had problems since.
Thanks for sharing. They said they found a bracket that had moved and it was passing the mallet test when I left the dealer. The highway test is still failing. I will ask them if they could insulate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The next step for me is to have the weld looked at in the B pillar by the dealer's body shop. Does not seem related to the bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts