Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I found a new Wilderness owner that is looking to sell his stock wheel setup.
I am not super knowledgeable when it comes wheel fitting. Looking for some input.
I have tried to match specs and make sure there is a fit but i am not confident (attached spreadsheet.)
As you can see, I have concern with brake pad clearance and offset.
Has anyone done this swap before? If so, how are you enjoying it?
I am looking for some more side wall, puncture resistance, and traction with light offroading (90% highway, looking for an excuse to get out more on weekends.)
Thank you in advance!
Font Parallel Number Screenshot Pattern

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
17,648 Posts
Yes it will fit just fine.

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium; former 19 Outback Premium, 85 GL Wagon, 87 GL-10 Wagon
3,259 Posts
I’m pretty sure you have an error in your diameter row because those two tire sizes have been interchangeable on Outbacks for several years. I agree with @SilverOnyx they will fit just fine. The 5x114.3 bolt pattern is the critical parameter, and I believe that’s been the same since 2015, but I could be wrong; I know for sure that’s the pattern for 2018 and newer.

·
Registered
MY19 Outback 3.6R Premium
710 Posts
They're not a perfect match, but the diameter difference is literally something like 0.3%, so basically nothing.

Yes, Outback has used 5x114.3 since 2015, so you can use WRX wheels since 2015 and STI wheels since 2005 too.

If in doubt, just plug your figures into a Tyre Calculator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m pretty sure you have an error in your diameter row because those two tire sizes have been interchangeable on Outbacks for several years. I agree with @SilverOnyx they will fit just fine. The 5x114.3 bolt pattern is the critical parameter, and I believe that’s been the same since 2015, but I could be wrong; I know for sure that’s the pattern for 2018 and newer.
Could definitely be, I pulled Geolander Specs from their website and it seems to be accurate. The Firestone specifications did not come from the manufacturer, just pulled a tape on my wheels and they are just shy of 28".
Any other thoughts on moving to this setup? I'm not interested in a lift and can't beat $1,000 for new rims and tires. Now I am hoping the TPMS sensors will be plug and play and not have any issues. Thank you both!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're not a perfect match, but the diameter difference is literally something like 0.3%, so basically nothing.

Yes, Outback has used 5x114.3 since 2015, so you can use WRX wheels since 2015 and STI wheels since 2005 too.

If in doubt, just plug your figures into a Tyre Calculator.
You are right, the calculator shows the Wilderness wheels as 0.1" smaller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts