Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, you heard right, Southern MA, is gonna be covered in snow in the next couple hours, through the night. Supposedly 2 feet or more is gonna come down. I can't wait to go greet the parking lots. :2:

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
I'm glad you Boston folks get a chance to enjoy a snowstorm the likes of which us Western New Yorkers get to enjoy on a yearly basis.

My tally is up to 9" so far with the lake effect machine still yet to kick in. Predictions of at least 10" more before noon on Sunday. Yippee!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
They are forecasting 15 inches in Portland. It seems as though they always under estimate the ocean effect. I'm hoping for 20+... thats on top of he 9 inches we have on the ground from last week. Should be a fun Sunday for northeast Outback owners.:D

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
In a lull right now with only about 7" on the ground, but everyone is promising that it will kick back up with another foot by tomorrow noon!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, we only have about 2-3 inches right now, but i heard after midnight, it really starts to fall!

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
You all suck :bootyshak

Eugene, OR
Tomorrow
Cloudy. High around 60F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph

Tomorrow night
Cloudy. Low near 45F. Winds light and variable

Monday
Showers. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the mid 40s

Tuesday
Chance of showers. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 40s

Wednesday
Periods of light rain. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
Wow guys - your snow storm even made it onto the New Zealand TV news here tonight.!

Looks cold! - for what it is worth I was appointed head BBQ chef today at lunchtime for our dog training club'd champ obedience and agility show - 24 degrees (that's about 78 degrees farenheit I think) and sunny when I left there about 2:30 pm.

Keep those snow pics coming - neat to see OB's in their element!

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
I'll definitely try to snap some pics in the morning.
I shoveld about 8 inches out earlier tonight, there is already 5 more in the driveway with about 8 more hours of lake effect still to come...nice!

As you can see from my gallery...I'm a little turned on by the way my car looks in the snow, so tomorrow will provide a great chance for a few pics, unfortunately I've got to work from 12-5...primetime for good natural lighting.

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
Look forward to seeing them...

It is still months away before we get any of the white stuff over here - and even then we don't get snows like Nth America does. Lots of black frosts and ice though, which make for interesting driving, I can tell you!

Suby's are GREAt in those conditions. i was in Central Otago a couple of years back and knew it was cold but didn't realise how bad the road was until I stopped at an accident where a car had run off the road on a 100km/hr corner. I had been driving carefully but pretty normally, then as soon as I stopped and got out I slipped flat on my back - with the road almost too slippery to walk on - but the Suby drove fine on it.

The pic's you posted back in March would be considered a Heavy fall here - mostly we get only 1/2 that amount where I live a few times a year - unless I want to drive to the mountains a couple of hours away where it is more like what you showed.

Cheers - and enjoy!

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Nothing like that here!

The forecast was ominous, starting with "significant snow possible" and changing to 4 - 6 inches, then 6 - 10 inches.

We got two inches. OTOH it is 5 degrees F. (The F could also stand for Farenheit.)

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Just got in from shoveling (Round III).

9 degrees; 20-30 mph winds; @ 18 inches of snow.

It's still coming down, but definitely tapering off.

Drifts everywhere.

Still got work to do to get "The Turdboss" out of the garage.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
sduford said:

Just do a 4000 RPM launch right out of the garage and fly right over those snow drifts... :2:

In reverse!:29:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
11 Participants
rgombine
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing