Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5i
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other than a slight negative camber / wear on my front tires, no issues yet and I’m already at 26K miles.

Changing the oil / filter religiously every 6K. Installed the Fumoto valve - works great / no oil spill.

Averaging 28mpg city/highway, 34mpg highway with the 2.5L

So far, very happy with my ‘19 OB Limited. Anybody having any issues / problems with their '18 or '19 OB? Comments, pro or con, please post.

·
Read Only
2011 outback 3.6R LT. 2015 Outback 2.5 (white) eyesight, tow pakage, skid plate, moon roof
475 Posts
Other than a slight negative camber / wear on my front tires, no issues yet and I’m already at 26K miles.

Changing the oil / filter religiously every 6K. Installed the Fumoto valve - works great / no oil spill.

So far, very happy with my ‘19 OB Limited. Anybody else with comments, pro or con, please post.
I get 24mpg city and 29mpg highway with 64 K, Drive between Reno , NV Phoenix , AZ and cedar City,Utah

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
495 Posts
I’m at 15K miles on my 2019 OB Ltd with 2.5 engine. I’m currently on a 2K mile road trip from my home in CT to Louisiana and back. So far, running great averaging about 30 mpg in mostly interstate travel. Do plan some non-technical off roading this weekend. Subaru Outback for me is the ideal “Vehicle-Assisted-Exploration” vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts

So far, very happy with my ‘19 OB Limited. Anybody else with comments, pro or con, please post.
My '19 premium only has 3500 miles but everything works just as it should.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get 24mpg city and 29mpg highway with 64 K, Drive between Reno , NV Phoenix , AZ and cedar City,Utah
Thanks for your note - my highway mpg drops to 29mpg when driving between Reno and SLC - 80mph on cruise control.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m at 15K miles on my 2019 OB Ltd with 2.5 engine. I’m currently on a 2K mile road trip from my home in CT to Louisiana and back. So far, running great averaging about 30 mpg in mostly interstate travel. Do plan some non-technical off roading this weekend. Subaru Outback for me is the ideal “Vehicle-Assisted-Exploration” vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your note - I refer to my OB as a "Snow-Ski Machine".....

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
904 Posts
36k miles on our '18. Head unit died out of the blue around 6 months/12k miles but new one has been trouble free. Rear seat bottom had the leather replaced due to a funky spot. Otherwise no issues besides some rattles in the cabin. Averaging about 26 mostly highway. Tires are 7/32nds and wearing even but getting noisy.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 2.5L, Auto; 2018 Forester, 2.5L, Auto (for Mama); 2005 Baja, 2.5 Turbo, Manual
796 Posts
You might want to check the toe in. Toe will wear inside tire edges (or outsides) much quicker than camber. And se a real alignment shop rather than the dealer, an old guy who will take the trouble to center the steering wheel after setting toe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Do you have the 2.5L or the 3.6L? In the city, the 2.5L is rated at 25mpg, while the 3.6L is rated at 20mpg - I suspect you have the larger engine.

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Navigation
3,461 Posts
My biggest problem so far has been the mpg gauge that showed 5% high. Everybody’s mpg gauge is high before they get it fixed. See my signature line.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My biggest problem so far has been the mpg gauge that showed 5% high. Everybody’s mpg gauge is high before they get it fixed. See my signature line.
Thanks for the tip - I’ll double-check the accuracy on my next fillup...S

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 19 2.5 premium. Been great, only issues I've had is a battery that had corrosion and replaced under warranty with a larger battery and rail dust that needs to be removed every 6 months (very obvious on white).
One problem I've had is getting lots of door dings. I have 4 big door dings and one in my hatch where it looks like a truck hitch hit it. Going to take it to pdr place this spring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got a new to me 2018 Touring 2.5 with 19K on it and am getting 24.36 hwy avg (hilly upstate NY highway)
Fuel is an actual calculation of miles/gallons at the pump... my meter is close..within 2 tenths. I suspect it has been adjusted.
I did manage to get the meter to show 27.9 being super light on the gas pedal.

Service records show that the head unit was replaced as was the battery before my purchase at almost 18K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have the 2.5L or the 3.6L? In the city, the 2.5L is rated at 25mpg, while the 3.6L is rated at 20mpg - I suspect you have the larger engine.
I have a 2.5, so was expecting a bit better city mileage...honestly not super knowledgable about mechanics of engines, so just wondered if it was something I should be concerned about or just the way I drive/idle

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Navigation
3,461 Posts
The Subaru Outback is pretty big and heavy. Even if my 2.5 were to average 24 mpg, I would consider that pretty good. Last time I checked my average is 26.9 mpg, mostly city driving.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got a new to me 2018 Touring 2.5 with 19K on it and am getting 24.36 hwy avg (hilly upstate NY highway)
Fuel is an actual calculation of miles/gallons at the pump... my meter is close..within 2 tenths. I suspect it has been adjusted.
I did manage to get the meter to show 27.9 being super light on the gas pedal.

Service records show that the head unit was replaced as was the battery before my purchase at almost 18K.
There’s another Head Unit replacement in this thread and I’m also surprised to see another battery replacement, given just 2+ years old. 27.9mpg combined sounds good...thanks for your note. Scott

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
There’s another Head Unit replacement in this thread and I’m also surprised to see another battery replacement, given just 2+ years old. 27.9mpg combined sounds good...thanks for your note. Scott
if you search, there is a long thread about each of those topics... the 2018 head unit (different hardware revision than yours BTW).. resolved for the early problems, but there was a time where the fix was to replace the head unit... and there is another long thread about replacing the OEM battery with a better one (I think that's the title - close enough). The OEM battery doesn't seem to be the best quality.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts