Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm a new user from Australia and this is my first post. Felt the need to give back to the site considering how much info I've gained recently since buying my second Subaru, a 2002 Legacy.

Anyways, I went to replace my factory door speakers and was faced with the prospect of replacing the spacers with new ones due to the speakers being molded to the old spacers. Cheapest quote I got was $70 online for 4 spacers. Instead I bought $4 worth of glue sticks and $4 worth of stainless steel screws.

Speakers work great and are secured nicely :) No issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Hey I'm a new user from Australia and this is my first post. Felt the need to give back to the site considering how much info I've gained recently since buying my second Subaru, a 2002 Legacy.

Anyways, I went to replace my factory door speakers and was faced with the prospect of replacing the spacers with new ones due to the speakers being molded to the old spacers. Cheapest quote I got was $70 online for 4 spacers. Instead I bought $4 worth of glue sticks and $4 worth of stainless steel screws.

Speakers work great and are secured nicely :) No issues.
Never had the doors apart in my 2004, so I wonder if they're the same way. I'm pretty happy with the stock speakers from the Bean. How much of an improvement did you see with these?

I bet JB Weld would work pretty well to hold the speakers to the spacers, too...but it would certainly be more permanent should you ever want to replace them again!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did the same exact thing with my 2004 speakers. i had spacers made from MDF board from my impreza, but they didnt want to line up with my 2004 OB. So I pulled the old speaker off, and glued (with a silicon adhesive) my new Alpine Type S speakers right onto the factory bracket. Worked great ever since. Suggest this to all folks trying to fit speakers into their 2nd gen OB, they seem very picky about mounting holes and speakers. Alpine type S will work perfect with this way..

Granted... i dont think they are ever coming out. HA!

cHEERS

·
Registered
2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
904 Posts
Hey what speakers did you use, have done this myself with cheap speakers just in case it didn't work out, are you using the factory head unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts