Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help sourcing replacements for the 3 different plastic clips/nubs that hold the hatchback panel in place on a 2000.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm. what?

you linked an ebay auction to a leather seller?

did you mis-copy/paste what you were trying?

edit: lol. nvm. viewing the thread not logged in means this site nested an advert on the words "subaru parts" to some random dude's ebay auction. I didn't see it cleaned of links until i logged in.

so yeah, subaruparts. I cant get any dealership to give me p/n for the clips, and casual browsing of their 'Outback' section produced no results. I think i need more help...

·
Premium Member
815 Posts

·
Premium Member
815 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
All you have to do is take a caliper, measure the diameter and length of an existing clip and you can order aftermarket ones that are probably better than the OEMs. I am gradually replacing Subaru OEM clips with better quality and design clips...from that website.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah. the trickiness of it is i've already ordered some i thought would work and they dont. the diameter/overall length isn't the problem, its the depth between 'tiers' of the 'hats' on the clips.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
yeah. the trickiness of it is i've already ordered some i thought would work and they dont. the diameter/overall length isn't the problem, its the depth between 'tiers' of the 'hats' on the clips.
I don't know about 2000 model year but they all work on 2013 OB's applications. I haven't come across one that would not fit yet...and I have replaced quite a few already.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imma take some pics when i get home, maybe it will be helpful to others, too.

i'll show you what i'm trying to replace and what i had delivered.

i'll tell you what, i ordered those cowl/shroud push clips with the sleeve, and those worked like a champ under the ride ^_^.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
Mad Mallard
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing