Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post so ignore any errors.
We recently bought a premium 2013 with all weather. Half of our mileage was from a road trip we just completed. Roughly half was interstate, a few hundred miles of dirt and service roads, a few 4wd trails and the balance byways and 2 lane highways.
Over 3030 miles we averaged 29.7 mpg, our worst tank was 24.0 battling headwinds in Kansas at 78 mph for a few hundred miles. Our best was 34.6 coming down out of the Rockies. (Indicated on center display is .1-.2 high)
The outback is perfect for this kind of trip. All day comfort, trail capable and composed on the highway all while holding 10 days of clothes and gear.
What we wish was different... Brighter reverse lights, a strap on lift gate so the wife could close it easier and better at sealing out dust when traveling dirt roads. (All minor).
By far our favorite vehicle ever.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice! Sounds like y'all had a lot of fun!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I totally agree with you. My 2012 is about 7 months old now and has 11,000 miles on it, and have done quite a few long road trips to San Francisco, San Diego and twice to Big Sur, and this car is just made for these types of trips. Carries a lot of stuff, gets decent gas mileage, and is a very comfy car on the freeway. I am very happy with the CVT on long stretches of highway.

You can always replace the backup bulbs. I got some bulbs from these guys: LED Lights, Bulbs & Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS when I replaced the interior dome light for the rear cargo area with a 30 LED PCB lamp and it worked out great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Buck Nasty
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing