Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I took our 2011 in for just an oil change, my service advisor rattled off $600 worth of stuff that needs to be done at this interval. Among most of the BS change, oil, change CVT fluid, check coolant, blaa, blaaa, blaa and plus about 30 inspect & check items that seemed like snake oil.

Was just wondering what really needs to be done to this car. I drive my work trucks into the ground and only ever just change the oil every 7500 miles, transmission fluid about every 40-60 and call it a day, getting 150K+ trouble free miles.

I guess what I'm saying is can I tell the dealer to pound sand and chage the CVT fuid at say 50-60K miles instead? 30K seams too pre-mature.

Those of you that have done the 30K service, what did it iclude and how much did your dealer charge you. If you had an ind shop do the work what did they do and how much?

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
According to Subaru all you need to do other than a standard service is engine filter, A/C filter if not already done, and brake fluid. Everything else is inspect, including CVT fluid.

·
Registered
2016 Carbide Gray Limited with Moonroof, Nav, and Eyesight
906 Posts
All we did was oil change, air filter, diff. fluids, and brake fluid. Was about $275 I think. (with synthetic oil and diff. fluid)

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Read. Your. Owner's. Manual.

It lists the ONLY things that are part of the service. These do not need to be done by a dealer. They can be done by anyone, as long as there are record/receipts of them being done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts