Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to run it under the stock roof rack covers and then down the side of the windshield underneath a little seam. Then you just pop off the bottom molding piece and run it under the hood. I’ll attach pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium ES
214 Posts
Very nice. One of my hold backs on lighting has been wiring, but that looks easy and pretty well concealed. What brand light did you go with?

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5
614 Posts
I'm surprised you were able to hide the cable like you did, that looks good. I would have preferred to mount my bar on the roof but I was concerned about the wiring, and it wouldn't have worked anyway because it would have interfered with carrying my kayak.

I mounted a 20" LED bar on a bar mount on the front and am happy with it. I also couldn't believe the low price of your light, $39.99? Mine is a RIGID INDUSTRIES and cost over seven hundred!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I’m sure your 20” Light Bar is of much higher quality and I mounted the light bar on the bottom of the rack so it wouldn’t interefere with my kayak.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited
98 Posts
I'm surprised you were able to hide the cable like you did, that looks good. I would have preferred to mount my bar on the roof but I was concerned about the wiring, and it wouldn't have worked anyway because it would have interfered with carrying my kayak.

I mounted a 20" LED bar on a bar mount on the front and am happy with it. I also couldn't believe the low price of your light, $39.99? Mine is a RIGID INDUSTRIES and cost over seven hundred!
Rigid Industries is one of the best on the market. You won't be disappointed with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited
98 Posts
I am about to mount my Black Oak Led light bar to my Yakima load warrior and a couple of cubes up front. Any advice on relays/switches in the cabin? Where did you mount them?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts