Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to check out another Outback H6, the LL Bean this time, and when I had my machine hooked up, it read normally, but I figured an ECU reset would show me some good short term results given how long it had been sitting around and why it had been sitting around. After that it showed bank 2 with a +35% STFT, but it ran flawlessly. No misfires, no coughing, nothing. Some really bizzaro ECU glitch or something else that I'm not sure of? Feedback would be appreciated as I wouldn't mind another Outback.

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the adventurous among us (not really, just a couple seconds of the weird readings, should have captured a log before it did that):

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,221 Posts
was that with a engine at regular operating temp? do you have a rom-raider one minute log?

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Reset you ECU. Under the tools menu in RR. Just to see.

Cherry does very weird sh*t sometimes. Reset seems to help. I have a theory regarding winter fuel mix and temperature swings with her.

I have not looked at the logs, just spitballing.

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a reset, that's where the weird numbers started. Before that, looked a little like mine, but with LT's a little tighter in, <5%

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Did a reset, that's where the weird numbers started. Before that, looked a little like mine, but with LT's a little tighter in, <5%
Ok, give it some time to learn then....usually 10 min worth of regular driving will do it.

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay. I was just freakin' out a little bit cuz mine just sits at a bunch of zeroes until a few minutes later. This one went zeroes and a random 35. Guy's asking $700 for it, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a bum powertrain first.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,221 Posts
Okay. I was just freakin' out a little bit cuz mine just sits at a bunch of zeroes until a few minutes later. This one went zeroes and a random 35. Guy's asking $700 for it, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting a bum powertrain first.
well better you get another bad one, than some poor unsuspecting person that does not know the quick fix.

(2001 seems to be a bad year for the US spec ones.,....but a JDM used transplant fixes anything, ...and the price is down by $600 now).

make sure to check the spark plugs. if 3 are champion and look newish for lawn mower plugs,
and 3 look like 120,000 mile NGKs

you know you have another winner. No McIntosh in the Bean though.

·
Premium Member
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol I think this thing's quite a bit better off to begin with.

**** at the very least I can knick the entire exhaust off it. all Subaru OE stuff, even the fancy muffler with the flappy thing in it.

Aside from some Wisconsin rust and a "cooling issue" (read: I saw no coolant in the radiator after checking it when it warmed up a little, but no leaks or puke in the tank) it seems okay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts