Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback LDF MSRP $37,383
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a guy install the 3M clear plastic product on everything on the front of my Suby. Any surface that is exposed to flying rocks. All parts of the bumper, back of mirrors, front 12" of the hood, fender eyebrows and leading edge of the rear fenders. Hope this protects me from the Oregon winters. A bit spendy though - dealer installed would have been $750 - I paid $450. Anyone had this installed for any length of time? Just wonder how it will appear 5 years from now?

·
Registered
29 Posts
tlippy,

I've never heard of this 3M coating. Can you point me in the right direction so that I can do a little research? Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Outback LDF MSRP $37,383
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.autocareforum.com/paintprotectionfilm.html

The above URl has the imformation on the product along with a sales pitch

I had mine installed professionally. He laid the film on the surfaces and cut them in place with a razor knife. The tricky part is to only cut half way thru the film and then peel the waste off---all this without cutting thru to the paint. Took him 5 hours to completely install the material. My installer also has the capability to download a specific pattern and have the material cut before installing BUT the 05' Outback isn't patterened yet. And besides, he still has to do some 'on the surface' trim even with a pattern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts