Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The lens of my 3rd brake light on back of my Subaru recently broke - at least some of it.

I would like to replace and as far as installation of new goes, it requires taking off several pieces from interior which I have someone to help me with.

2010 Subaru Impreza outback sport (hatchback/Wagon) - image of broken area attached

My issue is the getting the actual part. Does anyone know of any alternative (after market) parts I could use to fix this? Like most people, cost is pretty key for me so any help would be greatly appreciated. I will not be installing it myself as I am not the most car savvy person (if there is a DIY video, I am happy to take a look at it and gauge).

I have seen some universal 3rd brake lights but am unsure which would fit (if any). Let me know if I can provide other info!

J

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,163 Posts
this is mostly a legacy outback board

RS25.com Naisoc are more impreza based, with impreza outback sports too.

that said you could probably nab what you want off any impreza 2010-11, (and whatever looks like yours from 2008-09)

at your local pick and pull.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, got it. Thank you for the prompt response!

I'll check that site out and see if anyone there can help me out.

Side note - pick and pull? Sorry I am a bit new to all of this and really don't want to get taken by the dealership!

J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.