Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
03 outback H6 3.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put a lift on my 2003 subaru outback h6 3.0 AWD, I am currently looking for anyone who has done this and what works best pictures would greatly be appreciated also!

·
Registered
03 outback H6 3.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4-6" lift? What is this Wrangler forum,m :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Funny thing is I seen a lifted outback and said dang I want one of those so 2 weeks ago I went and bought an old 03 model that was in really good shape and under 200k miles but I cant found any kits for a 6 inch lift someone suggested I use new coilovers with 2 inches of lift then add a 4 inch spacer but for some reason I feel like that wouldnt work I dont really know so I came here for answers ?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,770 Posts
4-6" lift? What is this Wrangler forum,m :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
ADF (of Colorado), LP Adventure (of Quebec), and Subie Oz (Australia)

all make 1 to 6" lift kits for outbacks.

we have the "outback unpaved" section here with such cars in pics / video.

and there is a forum called "off road subarus" ...with a "s" on the end with lots more.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,491 Posts
2" is the most common lift you'll probably find due to the suspension design of the Outback.

To do a 4-6" lift you have to extend brake lines, abs sensors, drop the engine cradle, etc.

Leading to a much higher cost than a 2" lift.

That said: go for it!

·
Registered
03 outback H6 3.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2" is the most common lift you'll probably find due to the suspension design of the Outback.

To do a 4-6" lift you have to extend brake lines, abs sensors, drop the engine cradle, etc.

Im thinking I might be able to lift it properly 6inches for around 2500-3000 $ but a 2 inch lift isn't enough I need at least 4 would really like 6 I would like to do the work myself mainly for the experience and to call it my own I just want to do it properly! That being said brake line and abs won't be an issue dropping I'm just not sure about dropping the engine cradle?

·
Registered
03 outback H6 3.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ADF (of Colorado), LP Adventure (of Quebec), and Subie Oz (Australia)

all make 1 to 6" lift kits for outbacks.

we have the "outback unpaved" section here with such cars in pics / video.

and there is a forum called "off road subarus" ...with a "s" on the end with lots more.
I've checked 2 of these recently and only found forester kits but I would assume those will fit for the outback?

·
Registered
03 outback H6 3.0
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im thinking I might be able to lift it properly 6inches for around 2500-3000 $ but a 2 inch lift isn't enough I need at least 4 would really like 6 I would like to do the work myself mainly for the experience and to call it my own I just want to do it properly! That being said brake line and abs won't be an issue dropping I'm just not sure about dropping the engine cradle?

This seem the most legitimate I have found so far definitely saving this link, now I need to figure out which coilovers to go for.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,770 Posts

·
Registered
2008 n/a 5 speed manual outback
77 Posts

By engine cradle are you talking about the subframe that the engine attatches to?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts