Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start looking into improving my approach angle for my 2011 3.6r and have been researching various custom fabbed bumpers that 4th gen guys have done. It's pretty slim pickings for mass produced aftermarket bumpers, ie full force metal works, and suba Xtreme- both being pretty expensive products. I have a buddy who has fabbed up bumpers for baja trucks- some featured in SEMA shows. He is offering to design a direct bolt on metal bumper for the front. Without chopping the bumper, I feel it would be difficult to fill in the area below the headlights and sides of grill assembly, but I definitely do trust his judgement and ability. I'd like to get more ideas if any of you have done custom bumpers on a 4th gen, please feel free to post up pics for inspiration. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
70 Posts
This is relevant to my interests. I'm considering purchasing a 2020 OB, and one of my hesitations is the limited approach angle. There doesn't seem to be much of an aftermarket for Subie bumper replacements. Have you found anything in the time since your post?

The best I can come up with the LP Aventure bumper guard, and it doesn't improve approach, maybe protects.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts