Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where or why, but I thought there'd be some obnoxious skid plate to remove before changing oil in the 2.5L this weekend. No plate in sight, no cover below the filter, etc. Should there be one? :confused:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Nope. Just the plastic engine cover underneath. And that's no skid plate.
...Tell me about it. Plastic...I have torn two plastic pans off of the bottom of my '04 TDI due to the low ground clearance and high winter snow...but no more. I just orderd a panzerplate from dieselgeek.com.

Primative racing makes the same type of plate for the OB...there are some pics on this forum from people who have installed them. If you are doing serious off roading...it's the way to go..

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is a center piece that fits on to our under engine cover. The Legacy 2.5i and 3.6 sedan has it and that piece will fit the Gen 4 Outback and cover up that center area.

·
Registered
617 Posts
...Tell me about it. Plastic...I have torn two plastic pans off of the bottom of my '04 TDI due to the low ground clearance and high winter snow...but no more. I just orderd a panzerplate from dieselgeek.com.

Primative racing makes the same type of plate for the OB...there are some pics on this forum from people who have installed them. If you are doing serious off roading...it's the way to go..
I have the Primitive piece. The plastic got torn out in a grassy field.

Grass, the great destroyer... The Primitive one's held up better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
reddoak
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing