Subaru Outback Forums banner

2081 - 2083 of 2083 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
No photo but for the first 7.4 miles from my usual fuel fill up to parking at my house I average 44.? to 45.? each time. It depends on if I have to stop at either of the two stoplights between. Most of the way I'm going 55-60 mph. Of course I do lose about 300 feet of elevation over that 7 miles. That means I don't get that going back to town!
Ya, that 300 feet elevation drop certainty helps not to mention going thru green lights!

·
Registered
14 Posts
They patched it and filled the tires to 36psi all around.

The car feels a bit more nimble, but now I'm hearing more bumping noises coming from the front suspension. Are Outbacks typically noisy? (road noise) ... it seems to be noisier than my Tundra (running over pressure tires).
Them repair places and dealers tend to overfill the car tires! 36 psi is way too much! You can go 2 psi over the door sticker numbers, but no more.

Hard to find car repairmen that actually take the time to read the door sticker and put the correct pressure for the particular vehicle.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Most places inflate 40psi or higher to bead the tire onto the rim, but don't bother to lower the pressures back down. When my RT43s were installed, the shop left them at 45psi! - While it wasn't super harsh, compared to the stock Continentals, it was firm and very darty with any steering input. Pulled out the pressure gauge after getting to work, and aired them down to 35psi, until they could fully cool, then made the final adjustments.

You have to keep in mind that most of the tire guys are paid by the hour, and if they could make it through one of the trade schools they'd be a full fledged mechanic, not a tire changer and quick-lube jockey.

2081 - 2083 of 2083 Posts
About this Discussion
2.1K Replies
856 Participants
cyberdog433
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing