Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Outback Premium 2.5
37 Posts
NICE! What tires are you running? I'd love to head up there and do that...should'a done it today! (I was already up there skiing)

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6 Limited
8 Posts
Nice,
I drove over Stevens Pass on Friday night, nasty drive. I read the next morning that they had received 39" of snow that night.

It was snowing so hard I a was able to maintain about 30 mph as all I could see was the plow line at the side of the road. I was just glad they kept the pile of snow straight, otherwise I would have been in trouble.

Looks like fun,
Hutch

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,969 Posts
I hit a patch of black ice this weekend going around a curve at about 15 mph and ended up doing a 360 in the road. So, the attitude of some that these cars are invincible on the slick stuff is wrong. I do have replacement tires but not snows I should point out. The Traction control stability control was worthless in this sitituation

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium - Former: Golf TDI
457 Posts
I hit a patch of black ice this weekend going around a curve at about 15 mph and ended up doing a 360 in the road. So, the attitude of some that these cars are invincible on the slick stuff is wrong. I do have replacement tires but not snows I should point out. The Traction control stability control was worthless in this sitituation
I've yet to see someone say "these cars in invincible on all surfaces!" in this thread or any other. Outside of studded, ice-specific tires, nothing will help you on black ice, not even snow tires...so I don't really understand your story and its relation to a video of doing doughnuts in the snow.

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,445 Posts
What is this, a qualification lap for the eskimo NASCAR series?

Looks like you just held the pedal & turned left...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
This video made the rounds last year. The guy rolling up around the corner still hasn't recovered.:rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited; 2009 Forester Limited
74 Posts
Looks like fun! :29:

Just don't try that in Ontario Canada. Here, they frown on it. They call it "stunt driving" and if caught, it's automatic license suspension and the car is impounded for 7 days. There's a hefty fine, and your insurance rates will take a major hike upwards, too. :gasp:

I don't make the dumb rules such as this one. Just have to live with them. :(

·
Registered
2011 OB Limited
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like fun! :29:

Just don't try that in Ontario Canada. Here, they frown on it. They call it "stunt driving" and if caught, it's automatic license suspension and the car is impounded for 7 days. There's a hefty fine, and your insurance rates will take a major hike upwards, too. :gasp:

I don't make the dumb rules such as this one. Just have to live with them. :(
That's crazy talk!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts