Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
96 Outback, 2" Lift, Mudrat Front Bumper, Mudrat Rear Bumper,Mudrat Roof-Rack,5 speed Hi-Lo Trans,Lsd diff's front and Rear....:) Eat Your Hearts Out.....:)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Few have found Out , I am building Cool Off-Road Equipment for all generations Of Subaru......

I am Beginning to Build Hi-Lo Older Generation Trannies to install into Outbacks, Foresters, Legacy's, and Impreza's.....

To install these into a Outback or Forester, It will require an adapter Kit , which I also Build.....

This Tranny will be re-sealed, Also It will have a Phantom grip LSD front Diff Installed, along with Axle stubs The proper spline count to mount up to your Factor Axles......

So for $1320.00 You get
Fresh tranny With LSD and Hi-Lo range 4x4, Adapter Kit, Reman Flywheel and New Clutch Kit ( these Are Part of adapter Kit)

Cons: You Loose AWD

Pros: You gain LSD front Diff, and LOW RANGE 4x4

I am trying to guage How many would be interested in having this Option in their Outback ....?

Please Feel free to ask Questions,

Thanks, John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jon,
I am interested in this mod. I see that the con is that you loose AWD in place of 4WD. What's the big difference? Also, Im assuming this is an EA type transmission, so can this transmission handle the power of an EJ-25?

Thanks, and keep up the good work
mogsu

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,195 Posts
Cool: Your getting this together! Just got to post some pics!

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
I'm confused, do you ONLY get low range 4WD or do you get Hi & Low range 4WD with your kit?

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,195 Posts
If it is the same tranny and case as my old loyale,

then you have standard Front wheel drive (FWD), Four Wheel drive with 1:1 ratio (FWD) <-- :), as well as Four wheel drive low range (1:2?- I forget) via a selector lever. The reason you dont have AWD or full time Four wheel drive has to do with the center differential, rather the lacking of one in transmissions/transaxles that I think mudrat is using. Visualize the front and rear "driveshafts"* rotating at the exact same speed, and therefore have poor dry road handling as the drivetrain binds up in the turns. *yes, I know there is not a front shaft

Now, if mudrat can get my Subaru to be (RWD) as the default, then we might have a real big winner!

---------------

Mudrat: does your mod work with both manual and auto trannys?

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Boxxerace said:

Now, if mudrat can get my Subaru to be (RWD) as the default, then we might have a real big winner!

---------------

That's what I love about the 3.0R with VDC, they are the only Outback that by default is mostly RWD ;)

·
Registered
02 LMT outback, homemade CAI,hella 500's, piaa 520's,and Borla Header
517 Posts
darn you i wish i had that!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mudrat, I will gladly pay $1500 for a low range in my 2001 Outback AWD do you have a website? I own an automotive repair shop and just r+r the clutch so can I purchase the upgrade and install it myself? thanks, mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts