Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I was planning on buying a 2015 Outback as I really want to have the latest Eyesight system - my eyes are getting old. I can't imagine what my local dealer will be charging as they aren't known as the low price dealer and the 2015 being a new model will be a license to steal. I saw this ad from Brattleboro Subaru in VT and decided to risk a $500 deposit - refundable - to see if this will actually save me some money. It's about a 70 mile ride for me so not too bad. Obviously no prices yet but whatever they end up being they'll write it up $500 below the invoice. They do have a hefty doc fee - $390 - but I still think I'll make out. I'm looking at a Premium and was told that today they just received the option packages that will be available - no prices - and that the eyesight package will also include the rear and side avoidance system plus the motorized tailgate - no Nav or MR required. They also said Subaru listed the colors and in addition to most of the usual choices there is a new green, white and blue.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT, 2015 3.6R Ltd (sold)
951 Posts
Usually the best price on a newly introduced car is VIP+ pricing at 2% below invoice and no dealer fees. This is only about $500 more, so I'd call this a good deal. And as you said it's refundable, so there's really no reason not to sign on if you're planning on buying a 2015 anyway.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
Even though the 2.5 and 3.6 look carryover I would give the new one at least a year to work any kinks out.

·
Registered
>1999 Outback Wagon 2.5L MT Original owner! >2018 2.5i Premium
16 Posts
Usually the best price on a newly introduced car is VIP+ pricing at 2% below invoice and no dealer fees.

Getting dealers to honor the VIP price may be tough. The IMBA VIP terms, for example, state: "subject to availability and dealer discretion. From time to time, new models may be temporarily excluded due to availability."

Given that, this refundable $500 down promotion seems like a nice way to lock in a decent no-hassle deal for earliest delivery. I'd be tempted, if offered near me.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT, 2015 3.6R Ltd (sold)
951 Posts
Getting dealers to honor the VIP price may be tough. The IMBA VIP terms, for example, state: "subject to availability and dealer discretion. From time to time, new models may be temporarily excluded due to availability."

Given that, this refundable $500 down promotion seems like a nice way to lock in a decent no-hassle deal for earliest delivery. I'd be tempted, if offered near me.
I've never heard a report of a dealer declining to sell a car on VIP or VIP+. I suppose it's possible but I don't think getting a 2015 will be tough at all.

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even though the 2.5 and 3.6 look carryover I would give the new one at least a year to work any kinks out.
Hopefully more of a refresh than a complete revision so the bugs will be mostly worked out.

My problem with waiting is the continual reduction in the trade value of my 2011 OB so that waiting another year means a lot more cash will be needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts