Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 3.6R Touring Dark Blue Pearl, 2019 Crosstrek Premium CVT, 2017 Impreza 2.0i CVT, 2016 WRX 6MT ST2 FF
55 Posts
Hi All, I want to buy a outback limited with eyesight not accessories, while the sale said he can order one from factory if I deposit $500 on the phone? I'm curious that is it normal for such requirement? Will the $500 be used for other purposes such as order fee or something else instead of part of the total charge? Thank you in advance.
Just get things in writing or at least in an email. Is the dealer actually ordering a car from the factory or is the dealer just going to try to source an existing car from somewhere. Is the $500 refundable if financing falls through or for other reasons. If financing, can the $500 be refunded and the full amount financed. These are just a few questions you may want documented.

I put a $500 deposit down on my new 2018 outback from the dealers current inventory. I made them indicated that the amount would be refunded if we couldn't come to a deal with either financing or value on trade in—purchase price was already negotiated over email. With the favorable interest rates, e.g., 0% I got the amount refunded at close and financed the entire amount.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts