Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
07 Outback 2.5i
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Service manual of my 07 Outback I am due for a oil change and tire rotation at the 52.5k mile odometer reading (it is now around 51.6k). My dealer keeps sending me reminders ("you are due for the following dealer recommended maintenance: 64 Month Maintenance").

I have a Mazda 3 where the 50k maintenance cost me several hundred $$ and i don't want to fall into this dealer ruse and spend hundreds of $$ for the OB. What do you think? Should i just follow the maintenance schedule and have an oil change and tire rotation only? The car runs OK and it's always on paved roads.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Read your owners manual. What does it say? NEVER tell your Dealer you want a mileage based service - dealers use them to make up for lost revenue on warranty jobs. The classic $100 light bulb replacement etc. A dealer can make up any mileage based service package it wants to sell you - has nothing to do with the actual Auto maker service schedule.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Your car is so young and no mileage you really don't need anything...oil and tires rotated would be fine.

At some point - common numbers are 60,000 or 5 years - a transmission fluid/gear oil change is a good idea if it's never been done.

You can ignore the dealer marketing.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Read your owners manual. What does it say? NEVER tell your Dealer you want a mileage based service - dealers use them to make up for lost revenue on warranty jobs. The classic $100 light bulb replacement etc. A dealer can make up any mileage based service package it wants to sell you - has nothing to do with the actual Auto maker service schedule.
This is all you need to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts