Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I toured the factory in Indiana this week and the HR rep conducting the tour indicated that the Outback would be due for a major facelift (refreshing) next year (2014). She didn't know, though (said only the folks in Japan would know) what changes are planned for the new version (of course, even if she knew, she probably couldn't tell me). However, it seems that the car has usually gone for 5 years on its other major refreshing cycle. Does anyone know if 2014 will really be the year for major revisions or whether that would occur in 2015. If 2014 is the year, any word on what changes might be coming? I have heard rumors of a hybrid. I do wish that blind spot monitoring would appear soon, along with turn signals in the mirrors on all versions, not just the SAP versions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
961 Posts
I bet HR rep confused OB with the upcoming 2014 Forester! Subaru would not spend so much money on 2013 facelift and then do it all over again in 2014!

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,289 Posts
I toured the factory in Indiana this week and the HR rep conducting the tour indicated that the Outback would be due for a major facelift (refreshing) next year (2014). She didn't know, though (said only the folks in Japan would know) what changes are planned for the new version (of course, even if she knew, she probably couldn't tell me). However, it seems that the car has usually gone for 5 years on its other major refreshing cycle. Does anyone know if 2014 will really be the year for major revisions or whether that would occur in 2015. If 2014 is the year, any word on what changes might be coming? I have heard rumors of a hybrid. I do wish that blind spot monitoring would appear soon, along with turn signals in the mirrors on all versions, not just the SAP versions. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I would have guess we (here in the USA) get the new gen Forester first... Probably next year(MY2014)....Then Outback the following year(MY2015)...
Like back in MY2009(forester) And MY2010 (Outback).

Spy photos of the new gen FOrester is already out ....

2014 Subaru Forester Spy Photos | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 when I began having second thoughts after hearing her comment, wondering if I should wait until information was available on the 2014s before making a decision (hope I don't get her into trouble with her bosses asking about this- she was a nice lady- but I'd just like to know since if no major revision is likely next year, I may just go on and get a 2013). Since they don't build Foresters at that plant and she works there, you'd think she'd have the correct information regarding whether a major refreshing would be due in next year's (2014) Outback model, but perhaps she was mistaken. She made the comment on her own, not in response to a question anyone on the tour had.

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
Last info I got was the 14 Forester was a March of 13 release than it was pushed back until June. Outback /Legacy was the summer of 14 for the 15 model. The Forester looks like a slightly larger version of the current car but I believe it will have DI on the 2.5. Interior wise it's Impreza plus. No word on a XT version but I bet they drop it

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
The refresh would techincally be the 2013 and as others have stated, I doubt they'd do a refresh the year before a redesign, especially with as well as the OBs sell.

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
351 Posts
I'm guessing tour guides and arm chair directors are not the people who decide these things.

The Forester had an extreme makeover before Outback so I will join those who speculate that it's due for another before the Outback that just got a refresh.

If you're worried about buying consider how the current generation could easily be considered in the realm of superior to its competition or in a class of its own and the generation before is a great car. We started 9/12 yesterday and the 2013s are barely in the show rooms.

With a 2011 and 2013 in the family I can say they did improve the 2013, and as one who just finished car shopping I don't know how somebody in the market now can do much better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Keyless Ignition only in 2013 SAP

Hey folks, I'm new to the list and wondering if anyone can answer my question. We finally decided the OB will be our next car but when we went to the dealership to check out the 2013s, we learned that the keyless ignition (which my wife really wants) is only available in 2013s with the SAP...and you have to get the saddle brown leather and navigation with the SAP. The wife doesn't care for the saddle brown leather and I don't think we need the nav system...so we're stuck and frustrated. Any word out there about making the keyless ignition more widely available on 2014s?

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
351 Posts
Hey folks, I'm new to the list and wondering if anyone can answer my question. We finally decided the OB will be our next car but when we went to the dealership to check out the 2013s, we learned that the keyless ignition (which my wife really wants) is only available in 2013s with the SAP...and you have to get the saddle brown leather and navigation with the SAP. The wife doesn't care for the saddle brown leather and I don't think we need the nav system...so we're stuck and frustrated. Any word out there about making the keyless ignition more widely available on 2014s?
The 2013 "Outback Accessories" publication shows parts H011SAJ200 AND H001SAJ800. Latter described as "new" with ability to preset the climate control. Notice that new model operates at fraction of the distance.

FYI: We didn't like the looks of the SAP models on the ground. We're keeping cars longer and thought we didn't want a color that would look dated. The mix of colors (SAP) didn't appeal to us. With a 2011 sort of in the family we like it's grille better and think the 2013 grille and bigger fog lights look best with silver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 2013 "Outback Accessories" publication shows parts H011SAJ200 AND H001SAJ800. Latter described as "new" with ability to preset the climate control. Notice that new model operates at fraction of the distance.
I'm not sure what you're telling me here. Does this have something to do with the keyless ignition I was asking about?

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
there are several aftermarket systems available for keyless ignition. i have one from advancedkeys which i still haven't hooked up. the saddle brown interior is hideous! that would be a dealbreaker for me even though i like the SAP.

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
351 Posts
I'm not sure what you're telling me here. Does this have something to do with the keyless ignition I was asking about?
My apologies. I thought listing two part numbers after asking how you get the feature was enough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
there are several aftermarket systems available for keyless ignition. i have one from advancedkeys which i still haven't hooked up. the saddle brown interior is hideous! that would be a dealbreaker for me even though i like the SAP.
Thanks for the referral about Advanced Keys. That may be the deal-saver!
And yes, we couldn't live with that saddle brown (orange) leather.

My apologies. I thought listing two part numbers after asking how you get the feature was enough.
Remote start and keyless ignition are two different things...but thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
Remote ignition is available as an aftermarket acccessory. I believe its not too expensive. Its not keyless which I would classify as a gimic but some like it

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts
There are two different remote starters with different part numbers. One is for the SAP keyless start and the other for everything else.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts