Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '15 is coming up on 60k miles. I'll probably get quotes from 2 different places but am curious what are people paying is it at a dealership or independent mechanic?

·
Brucey is a Tool of the Devil !
25,282 Posts
did this thread ever exist before in Gen5 in the past year ?:confused:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Costs are all over the place because some dealers will try to upsell you on non-required or completely unnecessary maintenance (like injector cleaning) - refer to your warranty and maintenance booklet for what's actually required, then decide if there are any extra things you'd like done (e.g., most choose to do change diff fluids, but not plugs).

Now, that said, please spare us yet another one of these threads and just copy/paste this into google. It will give you most of the 60k service discussion for Gen 5s. Happy researching:

60k cost site:subaruoutback.org/forums/138-gen-5-2015-2019/

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Yep should have searched. I'm not on here a lot so didn't think it would be popular. Now my next threads will be "should I replace my plugs at 60k" and "why is my clock off by an hour" :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an FYI for anyone interested. My mechanic quoted $550 for all the maintenance items except the air filters which I recently did myself. I was pretty happy with that price as I was anticipating it to be $500 or $600

1 - 6 of 6 Posts