Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 2.5 Outback Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking everywhere for new transmission mounts for Valerie - there are no auto parts stores that sell them around me, and there are none in any warehouse in Canada. I called SoA, and all they could do was refer me back to SoC. I called SoC, and they don't sell parts to the public. I could wait to have them shipped from Japan, but the clutch is slipping so I really can't afford to wait for the general 6-8 weeks or whatever it would be.

I'm only changing out the mounts because the transmission is being removed for a clutch swap, and while it's out, I'd like to replace all the mounting hardware. So it's not super important, but it's definitely a nice-to-have, if I can find them. I did manage to find all the other mounting hardware, bushings, and seals at least.

Anyone have any ideas where they might be available?

·
Registered
2009 3.0R Outback
449 Posts
Pretty easy to find here in the states. Can't help you with finding them in Canada.

Which mounts do you want to replace? There's the rear tranny mount, two side hydraulic mounts, and the front center mount. Going aftermarket I can buy all 4 of those here for 200-250USD. OEM comes to more like 450USD.

If you're up for hopping the Niagara border I'd be willing to relay the parts to you. There's also this kit from ebay that ships from NY to CA for a reasonable amount...

·
Registered
2012 2.5 Outback Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I could meet you in Niagara Falls Ontario, but I am persona non grata in the US of A. Plus with the borders closed it would be rather difficult.

Here's the part numbers at least:
30450AA031
30450AA021

Left and right transmission mounts. Two side mounts to the frame/subframe. Everything else I can find, except those. They're roughly $60USD each I think.

btw you posted the engine mounts, but I'm looking for the transmission mounts...?

·
Registered
2009 3.0R Outback
449 Posts
Here's the part numbers at least:
30450AA031
30450AA021
I'm a little confused. Those are big cast aluminum brackets that tie the transmission to the top of the hydraulic mounts. They should never need to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts