Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22' OB Wilderness
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll

Just wanted to share some glamour shots of my Wilderness so far - I absolutely love the Geyser Blue color. I've come from owning a Ford Focus ST, Mazda 3, and VW Jetta. When I saw the capability of the Wilderness and the amount of space you get with it, I decided this was the car for me rather than a truck. I purchased the vehicle on 7/20 - one of the first owners in the state of Maryland. The car was on the lot for 24 hours. I already have 2 dings in the windshield from rocks that flew off of vehicles on the highway. I've never had a scratch on the other 200,000 miles of driving other vehicles that I've done. A piece of rubber also was kicked up and slammed into my front bumper, but thankfully that plastic cladding really worked and it suffered a small blemish.

So far I've added the Subaru OEM hitch with a Kuat bike rack, and I went with the Thule Aero bars from Subaru after taking some advice from the forums on which bars to go with. I originally purchased a set of bars from Amazon and they were just so bulky and loud I had to return them. Next looking to get the windows tinted and ceramic coating.

Excited for more moments like taking this thing out to our hunting spot on a 4x4 trail - throwing a deer on the cargo rack on the hitch. Ripping through the snow to work every week as a snowboard instructor near the local resort.

Vermont - crossing Lake Champlain to New York during a bike racing trip - hauled 4 dudes 4 bikes and 4 wheels inside the vehicle.
Tire Wheel Cloud Water Car

New River Gorge National Park - ripping through a 12 mile long 4x4 trail - most of it was rather tame gravel with lots of holes. Great camping trip!
Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Plant Wheel

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Little bit of exploring some state parks in Pennsylvania
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
'22 Outback Limited XT Abyss Blue
570 Posts
Hey ya'll

Just wanted to share some glamour shots of my Wilderness so far - I absolutely love the Geyser Blue color. I've come from owning a Ford Focus ST, Mazda 3, and VW Jetta. When I saw the capability of the Wilderness and the amount of space you get with it, I decided this was the car for me rather than a truck. I purchased the vehicle on 7/20 - one of the first owners in the state of Maryland. The car was on the lot for 24 hours. I already have 2 dings in the windshield from rocks that flew off of vehicles on the highway. I've never had a scratch on the other 200,000 miles of driving other vehicles that I've done. A piece of rubber also was kicked up and slammed into my front bumper, but thankfully that plastic cladding really worked and it suffered a small blemish.

So far I've added the Subaru OEM hitch with a Kuat bike rack, and I went with the Thule Aero bars from Subaru after taking some advice from the forums on which bars to go with. I originally purchased a set of bars from Amazon and they were just so bulky and loud I had to return them. Next looking to get the windows tinted and ceramic coating.

Excited for more moments like taking this thing out to our hunting spot on a 4x4 trail - throwing a deer on the cargo rack on the hitch. Ripping through the snow to work every week as a snowboard instructor near the local resort.

Vermont - crossing Lake Champlain to New York during a bike racing trip - hauled 4 dudes 4 bikes and 4 wheels inside the vehicle.
View attachment 521484

New River Gorge National Park - ripping through a 12 mile long 4x4 trail - most of it was rather tame gravel with lots of holes. Great camping trip!
View attachment 521485
View attachment 521486

Little bit of exploring some state parks in Pennsylvania
View attachment 521487
Cool pix, especially the one on the ferry.

You may want to put that pic out on the September Ride of the Month thread:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Pics! I have a geyser blue on order. It should arrive sometime between next week and ????? :) I'm also in Maryland!

·
Premium Member
22' OB Wilderness
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Pics! I have a geyser blue on order. It should arrive sometime between next week and ????? :) I'm also in Maryland!
So many great gravel roads in Western Maryland! Hope you can get out here and try them out. Great primitive campsites too

·
Registered
2 Posts
So many great gravel roads in Western Maryland! Hope you can get out here and try them out. Great primitive campsites too
That's the plan! I expect the OBW will be good in Green Ridge State Forest as well as on the beach at Assateague. Extra points for the fact it will also be really nice on the highway when I drive to all of those places.

·
Registered
'22 Outback Limited XT Abyss Blue
570 Posts
This is the time of year to see Western Maryland - beautiful.

I lived the first half of my life in Central Maryland. Fall was my favorite season, whether I was camping off the Appalachian Trail and Deep Creek Lake, to hanging out in Ocean City and Assateague Island. I definitely miss those Chincoteague oysters......

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6R Touring Lapis Blue
6 Posts
This is great! Glad you're enjoying the Wilderness and putting it to good use. What state parks did you explore in PA? That last shot looks great and I'd love to find some more places to take my Outback around here.

·
Premium Member
22' OB Wilderness
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is great! Glad you're enjoying the Wilderness and putting it to good use. What state parks did you explore in PA? That last shot looks great and I'd love to find some more places to take my Outback around here.
That was up in and around Hickory Run State Park during our trip to the Poconos!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts