Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my 2001 I just noticed how it has the 6cd changer and a singal feed on top of the radio. Im wondering why they did this was it that since the singal feed was standerd they left it in on top of the changer as well?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I did this in my '01 as well, for no reason. Could have kept the pocket, but I figured a 7 disk was cooler. I doubt it came from the factory like that.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the sytem is totally stock it has an upgraded sound package but im not sure what one.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you the original owner? I'm thinking that the previous owner got a 6-disc and left the single disc in there. You can really mix and match them any way you like. Two CD players isn't part of any audio package in the '01 brochure I have.

I used a 6CD from a late model Forester and my '01 single disc plugged right in.

The upgraded sound package gives you tweeters in the doors, and possibly upgraded speakers.

·
Registered
2000 Limited Wagon 5MT
303 Posts
There is no way around having both players. The Double Din unit at the time was not a multiple CD player; just CD, tape, and weatherband. So they added a changer much like one could be added to the older models with single CD or single tape. Sometime around '03 Subaru put a 6-CD double-din unit in Legacy's and Outbacks. This was different still to what Impreza's and Foresters had.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My grandparents are the orginal owners then the car went to my uncal amd now me. The car does have a tape unit as well. Ill upload a pix of the unit on my profile so you guys can take a look at it.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The photo is up for you to llok at sorry that is side ways I took the photo with my galaxy s3 and its resolution is so high it comes up side ways.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where is the image? Upload it to photobucket, it will automatically resize it to a workable resolution and you can embed it in your post using the

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow, I had this completely backwards. I thought you were saying that the double-din radio was the six disc, and you had a single disc single-din sized player underneath. Didn't know they ever crammed a 6-disc changer into a single-din opening!

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ohhhhhhh i should of been way more clear then that sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts