Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
1. gag. clonedom. looks like a bad BMW X5 copy from the side. so now Sub will have a large (by my stds) fuel sucking SUV, while at the same time FORD fergawdssake introduces an Exploder rated at 30+. forget any moral high ground.....

2. hey, i happen to like my "bug eyed Corolla on steroids", and what do FORESTER owners know about style and looks anyway?? if that were an issue, they would have bought something else. IMHO.

3. what's next, Subs with the key between the seats?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Well is this something Subaru of USA have developed? It really reeks of American design, not Japanese IMHO. Have to wait for the final release, but my response so far is blaaarrgghhhh!

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Reeks of American SUV marketing, anyway.

I can't really judge until I see it first-hand, but I guess I can't aim complaints at Subaru any more than I could at Volvo and BMW and Mercedes - five years ago, who would have thought that makers of nimble cars would make Mobile Blind Spots?

Some day, oh Lord I hope some day, SUVs will seem as silly as the fins of the 1950s - 1960s cars. As trendy as the fins were, as trendy as the big boxes are now, godohgodohpleasegod let the public come to its senses.

Please.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
ya know, Saabs weren't bad cars, just weird and misunderstood by the Great Amurrikin Driving Public (who said Subaru...??)

i wouldn't mind the cross pollination or DNA transfer or whatever so much, if it were Saab DNA and not the General's.......

"Chemo Sabe, i hear the rails vibrating, the Hummeru is headed our way....!"

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any more info on the new 7 passenger beast? I have people stirred up at work telling them there will be a bigger Subaru. Brian

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Yep, it will be officially unveiled at the Detroit autoshow the second week of January.

Autoweek had this article and pics last week:
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101493

Now unless there is a last minute change or these pictures are seriously misleading, me thinks this will be another Baja!

UUUUGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY!:eek:

4200Lbs with a normally aspirated H6, 37K base price, not good!

·
Registered
82 Posts
sduford said:

UUUUGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY!:eek:

4200Lbs with a normally aspirated H6, 37K base price, not good!
ugh, don't they at least focus group test these things before finalizing the grillework?

It looks like a Porshe Cayenne (headlights) and a Nissan Murano (sweeping side rear windows) had a child... as for that grille? :16:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it makes me want to do a peristaltic wave reversal...and at price, they'll need to create an upmkt line for sub a la AcuraLexusInfin....oh that's right, they already have Saab. i'm going to go cry now. i may have to black out my badges with elec tape

on the good side, going grocery shopping after seeing that thing, i shouldn't impulse buy much due to the lingering nausea.....:D

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Eugenics gone awry!

Victor Frankenstein would have run away from that thing, for sure.:runaway:

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
251 Posts
That front end is terrible. It is completely out of proportion with the rest of the car IMO. From the front wheels back it is acceptable, but the front is just butt-ugly.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
*scared*

This is going to cause a rause a bigger rabble than the 02-03 WRX bug-eye headlights...

**** you GM. **** you.
"We will make it look like all the other ugly 7-pass SUVs! BUT, we will add grille work with "wings" because FHI makes airplanes! Yeah! Then all the Subaru fans won't be so offended because we are being true to their Japanese roots!"
Stupid American morons! NO ONE CARES ABOUT FHI's AVIATION HISTORY!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've been looking at these pictures for the last few days and have to say I'm prettty disappointed. My observations:

The vehicle looks pretty good from the back. For some reason I see BMW from the rear... overall it has an attractive back side.

Side profile doesn't look to bad... my biggest gripe is the similarity to the Murano. Nothing wrong with the Murano... if you're going to copy a design it seems like a good one to copy. I just wish Subaru would have been a bit more original.

As for the front... well... :( . Hopefully it is the angle. We'll see when photos from Detroit are out. Also, some cars don't photograph well. Maybe this is one of them.:8:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
About this Discussion
75 Replies
20 Participants
Scooby
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing