Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as you can see I got a 97 impreza outback sport.. This cars very fun to drive and all but it's pretty slow... Any suggestions on some cheap and easy things I can add on my self for some added hp? The cars completely stock. Also what do you guys think about blue headlights and fog lights cant decide if i want them or not. Thanks I really appreciate it!!!

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,107 Posts
you do not wan the blue lights. No reason you can't upgrade, just stay with 4500-5000 Kelvin or less. try reading at Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply other good info there. Depending on bulbs style, look around for Narva +30 or +50. Nice improvement and so far they are lasting on our 03 H6 Outback.

not a lot out there to add more ponies. You should really try to remove weight. If you are radical about it, you cold remove the rear seat! If you will be in town where you could call someone if you had a flat, leave the tools and spare at home, have your buddy bring you the tire and tools. every 9 to 13 pounds or so equals 1hp. (depends on weight of the car)

lighter rims help even more. reduces unsprung rotating mass. You might consider a slightly lighter flywheel when you need a clutch but, that can be annoying for some people.

intake and exhaust won't get you much on a NA Subaru. But suspension mods will make it fun to 'throw around the corners' .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks for the input!!! I now see how blue headlights can affect other drivers, and the legality of it all, I just cant get away from how they look, I really like it... Ill have to give it some thought

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,107 Posts
well, they have some popularity around where I live too, but they are kinda considered 'flash trash' by many.

you might try to find an SCCA chapter where you live and look into AutoCross. lots of fun and really affordable - especially if you work on your own brakes and stuff. Also, an HPDE (high performance driving experience) could be fun for you. Spend your money on suspension upgrades and driver training. not blue lights or decals.

for $200 I drove so much and so fast on this track, I burned over 3/4 tank of gas in one day! (had an instructor to ride with me anytime I wanted too);

1 - 4 of 4 Posts