Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 what newer model parts are interchangeable? Can I put 00 struts and shocks on a 97

Registered
Outback 2021 Premium 2.5L
Are you looking for parts (easy, Google struts, 97 Outback) or have a second parts car hanging around and want to cannibalize it? Or? Cause if you are buying from someone reputable they can sell you the right part or check the fitment. Might help answer you question better for folks who know more.

Registered
1999 Legacy Outback 2.5l manual 5 speed
I have a 97 what newer model parts are interchangeable? Can I put 00 struts and shocks on a 97
I've bugged the parts counter guy in the past. The '80s Ford Thunderbird body is based on the Fox Body, as is their Mustang. I asked the parts counter to pull one strut for each car and did a side by side comparison on the counter. The two were the same in all the critical bolt on areas but the Mustang GT had the internal valving that I wanted. The same thing would apply to the Subaru. If it bolts up the same then you know the differences lie in the internals.

Registered
I have a 98 Outback Wagon I need to unload. A year ago the head gasket blew and I decided to move on. Thought I would get around to fixing it since I liked everything about it < 5 speed stick and all wheel drive> but still not getting started so willing to sell to a nearby enthusiast. Live in DFW metroplex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts