Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope I'm just blind. I've looked at all of the threads I could regarding the location of the keyless entry remote reset button - most recently the one from OutbackManDan (a while ago, but the closest I could find). For the life of me, I can't find the **** button - Really!! I tried to take a pic in the same general location as his, but besides the pic came out so dark that I can't use it, there is no button in the slot by the bolthead / nut. I've picked thru all the wires underneath and can't find it, and I can't even find the 2 brown wires from the box! Is there some different method for doing a reset (just bought this baby and picked up a 2nd one)? I can't believe these Ltd's are that different from others. HELP!!!

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am at the same riadblock. All thteads advise to reset with the button on the module while key is in on position.
Likewise there is no button on my remote keyless entry control module (or anyehere else I could find)
I do have the keychain remote ("fob"?) but I suspect the battery is dead as I has been becoming weaker over the past year, so it won't reset that way.
I tried pulling the 15A pwr fuse for the module (located a couple inches away along the wiring harness) while the ignition was set to "on" but this did not solve the problem either.
Any help is greatly appreciayed at this point
(btw I live in a small town far from any subaru parts or dealers)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
some times the button has never been used and is still bundled up on the wiring harness and covered with TAPE. look for a fast spot in the harness and remove the tape to reveal the button.

if necessary remove ALL of the tape from the wires that you to the unit.

what are you trying to do?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
my experience has been that they are never mounted. but never is a really long time and obviously some are mounted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
canubaru
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing