Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a telephone pole jumped in front of my last wagon, I decided to get another and start over. Plans so far are fixing exterior damage, add rear spoiler and rear hatch bar, powdercoat stock wheels blk, all new struts and top hats, new tie rods, new subframe and trailing arm bushings, whiteline bars, ngk wires, cosmo cia intake(which I knocked in previous threads but have since come to my senses), and general grabber ats...

The Good: I ended up finding the same 97 blk outback limited with less miles, 1 previous owner and a fairly fresh hg, timing belt and water pump relacacement. I got lucky because my old auto trans had auto with torque bind and this one was a manual in good shape. The car is in pretty sound mechanical shape. All CV alxes good

The Projects: The body has a significant amount of scratches cause the old guy who had it before me nearly ran of the road with it. Last night I removed all the pinstripes and vinyl awd logos. Ill be trying to buff out what scratches I can today

The pass side rear door is dented and needs to be replaced. the weather stripping above the pass cargo window is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Bushings in subframe and trailing arms are in poor condition. As are the sway bar links and tie rods

Ill attach some pics of it so far all I have done is add my rack and remove the vinyl sticks. I got a new pass front door panel, a rear pass door from the junkyard which ill put on today.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Sport utility vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Bumper

Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive window part Windshield

Vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Car Bumper

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody know how I can upgrade the engine, trans and pitch mounts? I have been doing some searching on here but cant figure out which fits the gen 1?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got some more stuff dun in the past couple days. replaced pass side rear door, wheels dun, started to paint rear spoiler, and mounted the gate bar which was actually a huge PITA. Sway bars, end links, intake, and short shift all on the way.

Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Roof rack Automotive exterior

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im gonna do the side markers tonight as a late night project. Im also gonna do all the struts and hats tonight and tomorrow.. Im gonna post step by step pics of the side marker install. It shudnt be too bad...

rear spoiler is painted so that may go on tomorrow as well if I have time. I am having a hard time remembering/figuring out how the top was attatched. there is one bolt in the center but the other to arent bolts they are pins with a plastic cap that hold the spoiler into place. I thought I could swap them for bolts but they are built into the spoiler. Im thinking just bolting the center and the using that 3m automotive double sided tape for the top sides. If anyone has installed one of these feel free to chime in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts