Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 legacy outback. There is no power to the AC compressor. I have replaced the dash switch, the fuse is good, there is a proper amount of refrigerant and pressure in system. The fans work. The only way to get the compressor to run is to run a wire from battery direct to compressor.

I have looked everywhere on line and can not find a wiring schematic for the ac system. I have checked the 4 ac relays in the main fuse box. The first one runs the fans and that works. There is no power to any of the pins on relay number 2. There is also no power to i believe the hi pressure switch (located on passenger side plugs into top of silver cannister near strut tower.

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
you are looking for power in the AC wiring system.
is this because the AC is not working?
compressor not coming on?

if the AC system needs to be charge, needs more refrigerant, the compressor will not kick in, come on.

what is going on with your car's AC system?

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,477 Posts
If the system has refrigerant and the clutch can be hot wired to make it work, look into the pressure switch functions or control head. To check the control head, start the car, turn on the AC and see if you get the feed at the relay. If so, move to the pressure switches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are looking for power in the AC wiring system.
is this because the AC is not working?
compressor not coming on?

if the AC system needs to be charge, needs more refrigerant, the compressor will not kick in, come on.

what is going on with your car's AC system?
Hi,

The AC compressor does not come on. There is refrigerant in system, power at the switch, power at the fuse, the relays seems to have power, I can run a jumper from battery direct to compressor and it will come on and run

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the system has refrigerant and the clutch can be hot wired to make it work, look into the pressure switch functions or control head. To check the control head, start the car, turn on the AC and see if you get the feed at the relay. If so, move to the pressure switches.
Which relay? The second relay in has no power to any of the pins. I recently switched out control head with no change. AC light comes on, I will check pressure switches. They both tested for power with 12 volt

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts